The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw part of an episode of Top Gear on BBCA today. There will be another episode on tomorrow at 8pm eastern time. For those who have Direct TV it is on channel 264:clap:

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Yeah, "new" episodes are on every Monday at 8 eastern. They are edited to add commercials and are about a year behind the UK, but it's as good as we can get directly on the TV here.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...ever if you watch the original BBC broadcasts (via torrent) and the BBC america rebroadcasts back-to-back, you'll find that the latter are not only edited for length, they're significantly bowdlerised...

...full series torrents of the original broadcasts are easily found on any of the major tracker sites, and i highly recommend them over the BBC america edits which, bluntly, are a bit insulting...

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
when does the new season of top gear start???

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
M
could you let me know the link to the racer sites you mention? Thanks
:D When he said "tracker sites" he meant Bittorrent tracker sites. Bittorrent is a distributed file transfer system. For all the info you could need on downloading Top Gear and Fifth Gear, check out FinalGear.com :: There's Fifth Gear, There's Top Gear, And Then There Is Final Gear. You'll need to install a program to download the files, such as µTorrent - The Lightweight and Efficient BitTorrent Client (for PC). It's all free, and in the case of these shows, legal.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Hope ya got a big pipe for downloading, cause there's LOTS of episodes to watch there. :D

·
Banned
874 Posts
:D When he said "tracker sites" he meant Bittorrent tracker sites. Bittorrent is a distributed file transfer system. For all the info you could need on downloading Top Gear and Fifth Gear, check out FinalGear.com :: There's Fifth Gear, There's Top Gear, And Then There Is Final Gear. You'll need to install a program to download the files, such as µTorrent - The Lightweight and Efficient BitTorrent Client (for PC). It's all free, and in the case of these shows, legal.
Thanks I just started downloading Season 1. When thats done i'm just gonna continue and get all of them:D

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Hope ya got a big pipe for downloading, cause there's LOTS of episodes to watch there. :D
And hard drive space. The complete collection of high-quality rips for seasons 1-8 is 33.1gb. Seasons 10-11 add another 10gb.

I highly recommend a NAS with a built-in bittorrent client (I use this). Makes downloading and storing an entire season of Top Gear a one-click job:popcorn:.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
uTorrent allows RSS feeds, which is really nice. FinalGear has RSS feeds for all new episodes of Top Gear and Fifth Gear, its pretty nice to get new episodes automatically. I'll have to look into that link you provided.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...my SO found all the previous series of top gear poring through the search listings on isohunt.com, primarily, and two or three of the early series were tedious to track down and download, both...

...as for the new autumn series - well, the summer series just ended about a month ago, and i've heard rumblings that the production schedule might be backing off slightly from their usual summer/winter rate, so i expect it'll be a few months at the earliest...i'm sure more hardcore finalgear.com addicts have better information, though...

·
Banned
874 Posts
BUMP for any1 who is using this.... I am and its GRRRRREEEAAAAATT!

·
Registered
34 Posts
woot! thanks for the links :) I've always knew I was missing out watching topgear on bbca, My room mates gonna be pissed when I start sucking all the bandwith d/l'n these episodes rotfl

·
Banned
874 Posts
bump for a great thread:)

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
i am recording them all - but no new episodes on my end??

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...well, top gear australia is airing new episodes right now, but it's pretty awkward to watch - i think they'll need at least three seasons to find their own proper voice...top gear UK, meanwhile, starts series twelve on november second...

·
Banned
874 Posts
top gear UK, meanwhile, starts series twelve on november second...
yea im about to start season 3 and am trying to catch up:mw:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts