The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I think this article has a mistake. They claim it is the 1.8 liter engine, but then they say its redline is 7000. One of those 2 statements is untrue.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
They said in the article that the old supercharger has been replaced by the Magnuson supercharger, bumping max torque to 180-something lbs-ft from 156 or so and at t bit of a lower rpm (4500 if I recall, versus 5000). The new redline is 7000 instead of 8500 or whatever it was prior to 2012.

·
Registered
502 Posts
The base Elise gets 34 mpg urban and 56 mpg extra urban? Wow! How would these numbers translate to EPA figures?

Has anyone seen what speed the new base Elise can achieve at the end of the quarter mile?

Jason
They are probably using Imperial gallons which equals out to about 1.2 US gallons. :shrug: Just my guess.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why is redline 7000? Has it been nerfed?
What are you on? The 2ZR-FE engine has a 7k redline. You're unlikely to ever see it in the US anyway so don't worry about it :)
They are probably using Imperial gallons which equals out to about 1.2 US gallons. :shrug: Just my guess.

They're probably using Imperial RPM's (iRPM) as well...(7000*1.2) = 8400, or just shy of the US 8500 figure.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
is it just me, or do these new stats show a downgrade in performance?

0-60 in 6 seconds. (what, you have to go into 3rd gear to hit 60??)
top speed 127mph (i've gone a bit above that in the 2005 base model)

mpg's look good on the other hand (sign of nerfed)

they might as well keep this away from the US. doesn't look appealing.

take that (for not making it federal friendly)! ;-)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts