The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see it Monday night. Good stuff.

Love what they did with the wraps. Funny!

Clarkson is driving the McL P1 next week's episode. Can't wait.

Oh, and the girl behind Hammond all during the 'in the news' segment when they were discussing the new 3 cylinder BMW hybrid? Oh my!

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,778 Posts
I agree. The McLaren P1 segment was really short! It was also too bad that all the testing was basically done in the rain so you couldn't really get an idea of how fast it really was. With that said, did you see how quickly the speedometer moved at 180+ mph?!?! That was INSANE!

Secretly I am hoping they will do a epic road trip in a P1, LaFerrari, and a 918! How epic would that be? Too bad there is no way Ferrari will loan them a LaFerrari... Hell they had to borrow Nick Mason's Enzo for their Enzo review years ago...

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe I'm an episode behind. I thought Monday's was the series premier (hot hatches and wraps) and next Monday's is the P1.

Are you guys saying it already aired?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And yeah, the one thing that bugs me about TG is that it's the world's premier car show. Featuring the world's premier cars...

In the rainiest damn country on Earth. So many test/lap times/etc done 'in the wet'.

Eff 'in the wet'.

Eff 'in the snow'

If I want to watch rally cars getting filthy, I'll watch that. If I'm gonna see Mark Webber lap times of one of the most regarded hypercars in recent memory, give me sun and dry tarmac!

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
My 16 year old sorta got the idea that you can have a ball in a little hatchback that cost £800. Saw that they had more fun than with the supercars.

·
Wow Such Admin
6,935 Posts
Maybe I'm an episode behind. I thought Monday's was the series premier (hot hatches and wraps) and next Monday's is the P1.

Are you guys saying it already aired?
Yes, I watch it online after it airs overseas.

FinalGear.com :: There's Fifth Gear, There's Top Gear, And Then There Is Final Gear

The P1 episode was good. After watching the P1 segment, my wife said: "I HAVE to paint that car."

I thought they said the laferrari wasn't available to test yet so they were putting the 918 against the P1 around the test track sometime in the next couple weeks?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts