1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As posted on Miata.net....

Go here and download the latest Top Gear program - the one from Nov 23th:

http://gear.viper007bond.com/

It starts with RX-8 test, then some other interesting stuff, but at the end of the program they try some old Toyota truck - don't miss that one.

The RX-8 stuff is cool. But at around 47 minutes in, he does this thing about the Toyota Truck. Worth the download if you have broadband.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
One of the only programs I watch on the BBC is Top Gear, every sunday. I wish they would broadcast it in the states.

The toyota truck test drive/test kill is absolutely hilarious.

·
Registered
687 Posts
It was interesting to hear Jeremy salivate over the RX-8's driving dynamics, saying it was the best car he had driven all year, and then later place it in the "not cool" category.

Coincidentally, Tiff in that Fift Gear episode on the same page also reviewed the RX-8. While Jeremy abhorred the looks, inside and out, Tiff liked it.

I am contemplating getting some sort of cheap utility vehicle. After seeing that Top Gear episode, I feel inclined to get an old Toyota pickup! Absolutely amazingly bulletproof!

Why can't the U.S. produce car shows like Top Gear and Fifth Gear? Super 2NR TV is about as lame as it gets, and Car and Driver TV took a nosedive when they traded the host Jim Scouten for a very boring (and probably less paid) voice-over guy.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Video links are down for server upgrades.

*waiting impatiently*...:mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts