The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those who can watch it, tune in to Top Gear this Sunday at 8pm on BBC2 to watch the (very good) Evora review! I was there for the filming yesterday, it was lots of fun and there's a HUGE surprise in the show!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...oooh - new series premiere!..

...we've been quite enjoying the second series of top gear australia; since they added james morrison it really seems to have found its own voice...i still think they should have used the stig's australian cousin instead of fake-stig, through, heck, they could have called him bruce...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Australia Top Gear needs a girl test driver... "Shiela"! LOL...

Top Gear is finally coming out! How does one see the filming? I'll be in London on the 27th of July...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One of the guys I met there had waited 6 years for tickets, it's a popular show with 350 million worldwide viewers!

·
purveyor of lightness
4,230 Posts
Hee hee I know the surprise...

SPOILER BELOW

According to an audience member at the first episode of Top Gear Season 13, the Stig was revealed to be none other than a Ferrari FXX-driving Michael Schumacher!

Quote:
I was at the top gear recording earlier on today for the first episode of the new series, and the Stig was revealed to be... Michael Schumacher!! this was very unexpected, but totally believable in the end. His full unmasking will be shown on BBC 1 on saturday at 9pm in the UK! attached are a few shots of his FXX which he was putting around the track. The rest of the episode is a interview with schumacher, a hot lap in the lliana and a race between a steam engine, a bike and a 1940's jaguar.
So there!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I always thought the Stig was Dr. Jonathan Palmer, a British ex-F1 driver. Just a guess on my part, but I would think that the irregular shooting schedule of Top Gear would preclude Schumacher from doing all that traveling and it would've been more convenient to get a Brit.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I always thought the Stig was Dr. Jonathan Palmer, a British ex-F1 driver. Just a guess on my part, but I would think that the irregular shooting schedule of Top Gear would preclude Schumacher from doing all that traveling and it would've been more convenient to get a Brit.
Agreed. I haven't seen the episode but I would have to think that it was a one time gag to reveal The Stig to be Schumacher. He was "The Stig" for that episode but can't see how (or why) he would have been schlepping back and forth to England in the middle of F1 season to test drive cars on that show especially where his identity is never shown.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
the stig is an institution, not a person :)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I thought it had been established that the stig is in fact multiple people these days. I seriously doubt that it was ever 'just' Schumacher.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
When does the new season air in the US ???

I always assumed the “Stig” was not one driver, but 2 or 3 to handle scheduling issues etc.

If it is Michael - that would be Very Cool Indeed :D

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
When does the new season air in the US ???

I always assumed the “Stig” was not one driver, but 2 or 3 to handle scheduling issues etc.

If it is Michael - that would be Very Cool Indeed :D
The new season will air in the US when the UK gets its next new season...ie next year. BBC America is always one season behind.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Thanks -

Groan - that's a long wait :(

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
One of the guys I met there had waited 6 years for tickets, it's a popular show with 350 million worldwide viewers!
great show.

- and they have spinoff series in other countries too I believe.

Yet even with America's supposed passion for the automobile, they can't get a American version off the [email protected]#

Thank goodness for the internet and BBC America.
looking forward to their Evora review and track test with the Stig.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And they've apologised for that.

I can't and won't comment on the identity of the Stig as revealed in the studio. For you colonials, google 'final gear' and you'll see the show a year in advance :D

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts