The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All:
Looking for an assist or any first hand knowledge members are willing to pass on.

I purchased a 2014 Evora S and ordered a TopSpeed stainless exhaust. Question I have is this: The stock exhaust is valved / Vacuum activated I believe. The TopSpeed exhaust is not valved. What do I do with the vacuum line that went to the OEM Exhaust? I would like to be able to convert it back if ever necessary. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!

My new ride arriving this Thursday!!!!

·
Illegal Alien
5,229 Posts
You must plug the line to prevent a vacuum leak.

Reactions: kestrou and John Z

·
Registered
283 Posts
All:
Looking for an assist or any first hand knowledge members are willing to pass on.

I purchased a 2014 Evora S and ordered a TopSpeed stainless exhaust. Question I have is this: The stock exhaust is valved / Vacuum activated I believe. The TopSpeed exhaust is not valved. What do I do with the vacuum line that went to the OEM Exhaust? I would like to be able to convert it back if ever necessary. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!

My new ride arriving this Thursday!!!!
View attachment 1277329
Agreed - plug the vac line.

BTW - I looked at this car (not that seriously) a few months ago...up in MA / R-Title? Interested to hear how you get on with the car. The dealer scared me away before I got too far into the negotiations with the car. Hope everything works out for you!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer aggravated me so badly the first time I went I walked out on them. Doesn’t negotiate price and told me I was wasting his time when I tried to. All kinds of rigid rules and policies. Deposit only holds the car two days.!!?? However, I went back and they did let me go over the car for almost 4hrs checking everything out. The owner of the dealership loosened up once he realized I was serious about the car. Was still firm on price but the dealership fees were peanuts compared to most. They made good on a new set of rear tires because I was bent about it having all season NEXEN tires on the rear and original Pirelli P-Zeros on the front.
I know it is a complete leap of faith but it drove well and I really went over the entire car making sure everything was in working order. In the end the price was what I would consider fair for (reconditioned title). Not a great deal but the color combo of frost blue and imperial blue interior with the black package is just stunning in person.

Fingers crossed it all works out. Even if I do have a few issues it seems I have found a great enthusiast community for advice and support.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have the Topspeed Ti version and yes, plug it closed. Sport will still be louder at idle due to higher idle speed etc but other than that, no effect.

I also have the BOE cold air intake so mine is plugged at the supercharger and the red hoses all moved out of the way and tie-wrapped together.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installed the system this past weekend. Love it! Less drone then the Borla system on my Boxster S. Really sounds great without being crazy loud. TopSpeed really makes a nice product. Install was straightforward with no issues besides the exhaust hangers being larger like some have found. 1” to 1/2”round stock spacers solved that. I really had a hard time getting access to the two Allen bolts on the rear diffuser that sit directly above the exhaust tip. Needed a really shallow Allen socket or key. I ended up just cutting one of my 5mm Allen keys down to make it work.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Installed the system this past weekend. Love it! Less drone then the Borla system on my Boxster S. Really sounds great without being crazy loud. TopSpeed really makes a nice product. Install was straightforward with no issues besides the exhaust hangers being larger like some have found. 1” to 1/2”round stock spacers solved that. I really had a hard time getting access to the two Allen bolts on the rear diffuser that sit directly above the exhaust tip. Needed a really shallow Allen socket or key. I ended up just cutting one of my 5mm Allen keys down to make it work.

Dude... You ain't lying... I HAAAAAATTTTEEEE those 2 allen bolts. Multiple times ive spent almost the same amount time trying to line up and seat those 2 bolts as I have uninstalling/installing all the rest of the hardware/parts/exhaust combined.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have multiple 5mm Allen keys and one of them is Lotus specific now!!!!! Cut close to 1” off the short side and it made it much easier but still not easy. I too spent more time on those two bolts than all the other hardware.

Next project is to replace the head unit for one that has CarPlay. I am not an audio snob so while the current system isn’t “high end” it sounds good enough for me. Just would like CarPlay as the car seems more than comfortable enough for some road trips.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts