The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The entry list doesn't show names that look familiar from here, but who knows: Is anybody else running at the Topeka ProSolo this weekend? The timing isn't great, I haven't even run a local event this season yet. I would have prefered to run events later in the year, but it's too close to pass on.

My car will see some last minute suspension install action after FedEx temporarily lost a package with parts. But it will be (mostly) ready just in time.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Argh! Not a good weekend... I got a good start (2nd place after the first heat, even if it was far behind that alien Mike King), but my tranny blew up while my codriver started his first run. I borrowed Billy Brooks' 2.5 RS for the remaining runs, but didn't get along with it very well. At least I could still drive my car home with the remaining 4 gears, 2nd is gone completely. :mad:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sorry to hear of the tranny trouble. I understand there was some rain on Saturday. I got word that one of our Colorado locals was leading AS in his new S2K.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Results are up:

http://www.scca.com/amateur/solo2/prosolo/2004/topeka/results.html

An S2000 won AS. The STi's (Branden Burkhart ahead of Jeff Vogel) were leading after Saturday, but the RWD cars took over on Sunday.

It was raining on and off on Saturday, there were some heavy rain showers. The course partly started to dry off a little, but that never lasted long. Sunday was dry, with only one big puddle left on the right side course. So the Sunday runs were all that counted.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Next time you're in town gimme a head start. We could hang out and catch a brew.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I made the first post a week ago, isn't that enough of a head start? ;) I plan to be in Topeka again on the August 7-8 weekend for the Midwest Divisional finale. And then again for Nationals middle of September, when everybody will be there.

I might see you at the dealer before that, our cars could very well arrive at the same time!

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Indeed you did, the post didn't show up when I logged in till after the fact. I should be in town for both of those weekends.
As to cars arriving, what number are you? I was in third batch but ordered with second since people dropped out. I think I made second batch by the skin of my teeth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts