The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is TopGear televised in US? I know it's on BBC 2 in UK but BBC America does not list it on its programming.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
No. It sucks cause it's a great show. The C&D or R&T TV has it's head so far up manufacuter's butts that it's hard to really give them any credibility. There's been some real crap cars come out the last few years and they rarely even lay the smackdown on them.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
adamant said:
Yeah, but if BBC America put Top Gear on the air, we would see all these other great cars that you can't buy here too!
It would be too frustrating :(
There's a show on PBS called 'Auto Motor & Sport'. It's produced by a German TV station, and is quite good.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Matt, do you know what kind of schedule that runs on? I have looked for it before and couldn't find it in the programming.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
adamant said:
Yeah, but if BBC America put Top Gear on the air, we would see all these other great cars that you can't buy here too!
It would be too frustrating :(
Yeah, like the Peugeot 206 GT?

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Back when Speed Channel was really good (pre-Murdoch), when it was Speedvision, they used to have a great show called Motorvision, it was a German program dubbed into English, and they used to have features on all kinds of cool stuff that you can't get here. Every other week or so they seemed to do something about a variant on the Elise - a 340R that Red Motorsport had breathed on, or some such. Very cool. I really miss that show...

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mikester said:
Back when Speed Channel was really good (pre-Murdoch), when it was Speedvision,
Don't get me started on NASCAR TV, the announcers used to shut up right at the start of F1 races so you could listen to the sound. Bob Varsha used to make it a point to quiet everybody down and tell you to turn up the volume, alas, no more now the just yak through it. It's taken a real nose dive.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
MattG said:
There's a show on PBS called 'Auto Motor & Sport'. It's produced by a German TV station, and is quite good.
The magazine is one of the best publications coming out of Germany. I didn't see it listed at pbs.org though...

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
L8BRAKR said:
Matt, do you know what kind of schedule that runs on? I have looked for it before and couldn't find it in the programming.
It'll vary by region, and your local public broadcasting station may not be carrying it. Around here, one station shows it on Sundays (late morning), another shows it Tuesday evenings.

·
Registered
687 Posts
MattG said:
It'll vary by region, and your local public broadcasting station may not be carrying it. Around here, one station shows it on Sundays (late morning), another shows it Tuesday evenings.
Actually, in this area, it's shown on 4 stations! 2 are listed as "Auto Motor and Sport" and 2 are listed as "Auto Motor und Sport TV." One of the channels is the International Channel, but that version is shorter due to commercials :(.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts