The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My TopSpeed Pro1 exhaust is absolutely amazing!! It was my first mod to my car and I am still in love with it. The fit/finish is top quality and the sound is absolutely intoxicating. I don't see too many comments on this exhaust, so I wanted to see how many others have it.

If you have a TopSpeed Pro1 exhaust....check in here!

Attachments

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
I have one. Absolutely love mine.:coolnana: I spent a few months going over a bunch of exhausts (von hep, stage 2, quicksilver, arqray, larini), and to me the top speed was the best as far as sound/freeway driving/drone/looks.

If looks didn't matter, VonHep was the best, but I absolutely hated the high look -looks ghetto unfinished to me. The low exit Von Hep tip was horrible.

I am happy with what I have. If I had to do it again, I would buy the VonHep and cut their tip off and reweld a set of tips I liked.

Attachments

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have one. Absolutely love mine.:coolnana: I spent a few months going over a bunch of exhausts (von hep, stage 2, quicksilver, arqray, larini), and to me the top speed was the best as far as sound/freeway driving/drone/looks.

If looks didn't matter, VonHep was the best, but I absolutely hated the high look -looks ghetto unfinished to me. The low exit Von Hep tip was horrible.

I am happy with what I have. If I had to do it again, I would buy the VonHep and cut their tip off and reweld a set of tips I liked.
It looks like your tips are sagging a bit low. I think you need to rotate your exhaust so that the tips point more up.

Kinda like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Try it with a decat in 4th gear at 8K.

P1010010a.jpg

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Sweeeet! :coolnana:

What decat do you have? Direct fit? Sound?

PLEASE tell more!
Larini, straight fit (but the two bolts to the exhaust manifold are really difficult, springs have to be shortened....). Sound? Not terribly loud, but deep, hard to talk on phone, black flagged at road Atlanta on Sunday AM for excessive sound level. Just about perfect.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
daily driver. my elise is my daily drive and i could not live with that rofl

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
daily driver. my elise is my daily drive and i could not live with that rofl
Not really that bad. Hell, many F-150s, Camaros, Mustangs, cars with large chrome rims etc. around here are louder. They really are V8s. I had a Spitfire in high school which had the mufflier modified per an icepick. Sweet!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Finally fitted my TopSpeed. Have about 800 miles on it, love the sound!

Also have a 2bular 7x22 that I had on before, can't tell which I like more. The Topspeed is smoother and quieter on the freeway, but has really great "Pops" when shifting. I will keep it on for a while longer and may switch back to 2bular to see which I'll keep.

Love the TopSpeed so far, sounds better every day!
Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
749 Posts
Finally fitted my TopSpeed. Have about 800 miles on it, love the sound!

Also have a 2bular 7x22 that I had on before, can't tell which I like more. The Topspeed is smoother and quieter on the freeway, but has really great "Pops" when shifting. I will keep it on for a while longer and may switch back to 2bular to see which I'll keep.

Love the TopSpeed so far, sounds better every day!
Cheers,
Skottoman
Any updates? Which did you decide to keep?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Well, I still have the Topspeed in. About 1000 miles on it. I have to say I really am enjoying the sound of it. I remember the 2bular having more midrange "RRRR" sound, and it burbled a little more. But the Topspeed really 'pops' well and just sounds great in my opinion. I'll prob have to swap back to the 2bular to really determine which to keep.

I also think the Topspeed is a bit quieter for freeway cruising with less drone.

Both are awesome compared to stock, but I'm finding myself impressed with the sound of the Topspeed, and I'm an audio engineer by trade!

Weird thing I did today, was on the freeway in 5th or 6th (dont recall), listening to "Fix You" by Coldplay, and was able to make the exhaust hit the bass notes in the song a few times. Was really cool. I've played bass before and was basically trying to play the bassline with my RPM's... Ha!
Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I had a Spitfire in high school which had the mufflier modified per an icepick. Sweet!
I had a Spitfire with the dual dualtip exhaust...sweetness
Mike ,you should have gotten into the group buy for the Von Hep.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I don't think you'll get any real HP increases from aftermarket exhausts. I didn't really notice anything from mine, either that or i'm used to id. At least that's my understanding as the ECU will negate it over time. The REAL reason to get an aftermarket exhaust is the POPS-N-BURBLES, and cool sound yo!
Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I don't think you'll get any real HP increases from aftermarket exhausts. I didn't really notice anything from mine, either that or i'm used to id. At least that's my understanding as the ECU will negate it over time. The REAL reason to get an aftermarket exhaust is the POPS-N-BURBLES, and cool sound yo!
Cheers,
Skottoman
Not to mention SAVE WEIGHT!!:up:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
YEAH! What he said! Save WEIGHT!
Cheers,
Skottoman

1 - 20 of 21 Posts