The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, please take a look at the attached screencap. It appears that the 02 sensor and 02 heater are incomplete. Does anyone know what the cause may be? I would think it is the 02 sensors are fubar but the car idles and drives fine. Also, is this for the front or rear sensor? I'm thinking the rears if the car still drives fine. AFR reads normal. Btw, I reset it a few times and I can not get it to go to COMPLETE. Drove on it for a while too...no dice.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
If I remember correctly, I had to complete 4 or 5 full driving cycles of significant distance (10 miles?) before they were available. If it says Incomplete, I think it means just that, not that they have failed...

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2006 Exige with BWR supercharger on Koldfire tune. Never had this issue until maybe half a year ago.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
can't phil email you an obd readiness tune? That fixed mine. Or is that the readiness tune already loaded? Or am I once again, way out of my depth? (the most likely answer)

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
2006 Exige with BWR supercharger on Koldfire tune. Never had this issue until maybe half a year ago.
did you have your koldfire tune when it was not an issue? im almost certain that when it was tuned they turned off the readiness monitors. contact koldfire and double check. This happened to me on my 2010 exige with a different tune. luckily i had access to a spare ecu.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm I will flash it back to stock tune this weekend and find out. I faintly remember that they still did not show incomplete with the KF tune until recently.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
just noticed I have this as well with my koldfire. I just reset mine so hopefully it will come on at some point

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Looks like its the KF tune. flashed back to stock and the 02 sensors became complete.

I did have on new incomplete: the catalyst (which was complete with the KF tune)... I'm guessing a little more driving and it will be ready as well.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool cool. Thanks for getting back to me. I'll definitely have to check that out. Have to smog again next year and would like to get it squared away before that happens. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Let me know if you get a KF tune that has the o2 ready.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. I'll try it this weekend when I have some time. Going to test it with the stock tune and take a snapshot then a KF tune and take another snapshot.

·
Registered
339 Posts
When I bought my '07 Exige S and found that it:

a) Had a KoldFire tune
b) The O2 readiness would never complete

I e-mailed Phil and he confirmed that (some of) the Koldfire tunes never set those readiness sensors.

I ended borrowing a stock ECM to get through CA smog tests.

Cheers.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
i have a separate "obd readiness tune" to load - gets through 100%, but you cannot push it at all with this tune loaded w/the REV400. Get back from testing - reload the performance tune - no probs. It's a yearly thing. I'm amazed any KF tunes will pass readiness.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Emissions...

I'm having a similar issue trying to get the car through emissions. I ran a quick scan after going through a single cycle (~20 miles) and see the following results:

Any ideas...

Attachments

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,777 Posts
I'm having a similar issue trying to get the car through emissions. I ran a quick scan after going through a single cycle (~20 miles) and see the following results:

Any ideas...
First of all it will take several cycles (3-5 at least) for it to read ready. Number two, what kind of modifications do you have? It sounds like your tune may not be checking for readiness.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Currently a decat with a TVS tune. I'll try a few more drive cycles, hopefully that will clear things up.

Thanks.

First of all it will take several cycles (3-5 at least) for it to read ready. Number two, what kind of modifications do you have? It sounds like your tune may not be checking for readiness.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,777 Posts
Currently a decat with a TVS tune. I'll try a few more drive cycles, hopefully that will clear things up.

Thanks.
There is a good chance your tune is set up to not read the second O2 sensor meaning you would never get a ready signal.

If that is the case you need to either install the cat, or buy an O2 sensor bung that moves it out of the exhaust stream and has some catalyst on it so the O2 sensor sees normal conditions. Both options would need an updated tune that tells the ECU to check the O2 sensor as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts