The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please post:

* The torque settings for the nuts that fasten the thermostat housing to the engine.

* The torque settings for the alternator securing bolts

* If you have any input/advise on how best to relieve the serpentine belt tension to remove the alternator that would be great.

I have looked for this info but have yet to find it.

Thanks for you help

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Thermostat is hit with the electric ratchet one ugga dugga. Alternator is pretty tight by hand. Neither of them "need" torqued... But http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/JAMESKING/xtra/METRIC.jpg

Is your nut stripped on the tensioner? You can either use a piece of wood to push on the tensioner from below with a jack, or you can use a REALLY big pipe wrench to squeeze it together.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thermostat is hit with the electric ratchet one ugga dugga. Alternator is pretty tight by hand. Neither of them "need" torqued... But http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/JAMESKING/xtra/METRIC.jpg

Is your nut stripped on the tensioner? You can either use a piece of wood to push on the tensioner from below with a jack, or you can use a REALLY big pipe wrench to squeeze it together.
Thanks for the reply.

I'd still like to know the torque spec because I'm pretty obsessive about torquing fasteners to spec. I have a in/lbs and ft/lbs torque wrenches so I can get it right.

My tensioner nut is not stripped just wanted some guidance how to do it, where the proper nut to turn is and the direction to turn. It's really hard to see that sucker.

Thanks

·
Registered
'07 Exige S
370 Posts
tensioner needs either a 19mm or 21mm six sided air wrench socket attached to a breaker bar. Get under the car
and it will only pull (I think towards the front) a few inches before you can remove/reinstall the belt.

Thermostat housing uses 2- 10mm nuts. On the Exige the fit is so tight you are very lucky just to get a socket on them let alone torque.
Snug fit, not overly tight, they are small studs.

Henry
'07 Exige S

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
7 ft/lb for the thermostat. Just did the job a few months ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts