The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the larger allen head tool in the Elise tool kit with a Snap-On T-handle T30 TORX wrench in order to bust my engine cover screws loose. Worked great. I want to replace the smaller allen head tool in the tool pouch with a Snap-One T-handle TORX. Appreciate any info on what T-size TORX for the smaller wrench?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I replaced the larger allen head tool in the Elise tool kit with a Snap-On T-handle T30 TORX wrench in order to bust my engine cover screws loose. Worked great. I want to replace the smaller allen head tool in the tool pouch with a Snap-One T-handle TORX. Appreciate any info on what T-size TORX for the smaller wrench?
Just take it to the store and match it up.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm ordering from Snap-On online since, sadly, I can't find a store nearby in this metro area of 4.5 million that stocks TORX.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Why don't you look for T-handled allen heads? Is there not such a thing?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Yep, Torx T30 for the engine cover and T40 for the hardtop fasteners. The two hex keys in the stock tool pouch are 3 mm and 4 mm.

I bought a small Husky ratcheting screwdriver with bits at Sears that works great and I carry in my "car kit". You can carry an assortment of bits in the handle. I carry several Torx bits, flathead, phillips and hex bits. I also have a 1/4" drive bit that allows me to use 1/4" sockets (diffuser, etc.). I carry a small assortment of sockets in appropriate sizes for the Lotus. The handle pivots up to 90 degrees too.

It all makes for a very compact assortment.

I love it for the hardtop... I can get it off in about 1.5 minutes and back on in about 2 minutes (less if I hurry).

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I just bought the Husky ratchet screwdriver set, and wow, it works wonderfully with the HT removal.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I just bought the Husky ratchet screwdriver set, and wow, it works wonderfully with the HT removal.
Yep, I have enjoyed mine! If it is the same one as mine, there is a foam plug at the bottom of the compartment in the handle. If you remove this plug and take the bits out of their holder (store them loose in the handle), you can store a bunch of extra bits in there. As I said in my post above, I carry several Torx bits, flathead, phillips, hex bits and a 1/4" drive bit all inside the handle (only the sizes needed for the Lotus). I also carry needed metric sized 1/4" sockets in a little pouch. I think I could just about disassemble the entire car with this little tool kit! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts