·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Edit:
Just got the check from the insurance company
2005 Ardent Red Lotus Elise
VIN: SCCPC11145HL222019

My Lotus was totaled(well I'm pretty sure it is) yesterday afternoon. No one was seriously injured. I will not go into any further detail, since the situation is a bit complicated.

My questions is, how do I negotiated with the insurance company on the value of the car. Do I go with the NADA price? Any tips? For those of you that have totaled a Elise, how much did you get, and how did you go about it?

Pictures...Enjoy:)

Attachments

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
eek, yeah thats a rolling parts bin now

unfortunately there are a few threads knocking around talking about diminished values and what not.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry how do i delete a picture or edit it. There's a face in there, not sure if he's okay with being posted in a public forum

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Can I have the lotus sign from the clam? :D

Glad no one got hurt.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Can I have the lotus sign from the clam? :D

Glad no one got hurt.
Thinking about keeping that as a souvenir

BTW: I may be in the market for a '06 Exige NYC area. Although after looking at the damage, it has me thinking what if a truck or SUV T-bones me, wouldn't it just go straight through the car, since there is no frame there. Not sure if that's possible and if so at what speed, never too physics.

·
Registered
891 Posts
OMG

you didn`t enjoy the s/c setup !!!!!

so sad ....

good luck with the insurance mate !

·
Registered
539 Posts
ouch. sorry to hear about this. glad you came out of it okay.

my old car had less cosmetic damage than yours, and still the insurance company totaled it due to the fact that there was some suspension damage.

i don't know who your insurance company is, but in my case they had a pretty fair formula for determening the value of the car relative to my market. so, they actually gave me quite a bit more than what i owed.

so, i never felt the need to go into a negotiation stage. although, i've been told by a friend of a friend (who used to work for an insurance company) that i probably could gotten more if i had tried.

they have a range of what they can offer you as a settlement, and of course they always start by giving you the number at the low end of their range.

so, my layman advice is to not accept the first offer, even if it seems fair.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey, I just realized that Laser Blue car in the background is mine :D I saw your ripped up clam the other day :(
Yup that is your car. your canards and zoom mirror are in BTW, Not a fan of the canards but the Larini and 5 elements looks amazing.

Yeah that's over40's clam, deer damage if i remember correctly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts