The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday night I had just exited the highway doing bout 35-40 around the turn and the backend got loose where the water sprinklers apparently watered more of the road then the grass. I couldn't save it and ended up through the bushes and slamming into a tree at full speed. Would have ended up deep in the lake if it wasn't for the tree so looking back kinda thankful for the tree.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Damn! Glad you weren't hurt. Pretty tough little car too!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Always hurts to see threads like this. Glad you are alright, from those pictures it looks like you could've ended up a lot worse.
Sorry to see you lose your car like this.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya def blessed to have walked away with no injuries. The impact was brutal and the car took the hit like a champ. Def buying another one possibly an exile this time.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Glad you're ok! Its always amazing to see how tough these little cars are. They take a tremendous impact and the driver walks away!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
What tires were you running? Was it like a 10mph curve? I'm just wondering a bit... my Elise stuck to the roads quite well, even with cold slicks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it was a 35mph turn I honestly have no idea what tires were on the car. I just had them put on at the Lotus dealer I believe they were around $160ish a tire.. The car sticks to the road amazing just hit that water and the back just stepped out a little and it was gone.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
holy sh*t! Glad you're alright.

on a lighter note, looks like the cupholder protected the Starbucks drinks quite well.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
holy sh*t! Glad you're alright.

on a lighter note, looks like the cupholder protected the Starbucks drinks quite well.
Yeah I noticed the drinks were fine.

Sorry for your loss but it's just a car. You're probably better off hitting the tree as they will most likely total it. If you went for a swim in the lake they'd probably repair it. Getting out of our cars is a bit tricky. Would probably be much harder under water.

San

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Glad you are OK. Second the tough car observation and I was going to mention that you didn't spill the drinks! ;)

Please post the VIN in case the car makes a reappearance.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL! I made that joke with the officers at the scene about the starbucks cups. I will def post the vin as soon as I get home.. I have all the paperwork there. I haven't looked at the values of our cars lately.. omg wow! I paid 29ish back in 2010 for my elise with 14k miles

·
Registered
532 Posts
LOL! I made that joke with the officers at the scene about the starbucks cups. I will def post the vin as soon as I get home.. I have all the paperwork there. I haven't looked at the values of our cars lately.. omg wow! I paid 29ish back in 2010 for my elise with 14k miles
Yep, hopefully you'll come out just fine financially. As long as there wasn't a ton of miles on the car I wouldn't be surprised if you get a payout the same or a bit higher than what you paid for it 4 years ago.

BTW, do you have a map of the road you went off on? I'm curious.

·
craigyirush
1,536 Posts
Curious what you concluded the value of a car with similar condition and mileage is now?

·
Registered
356 Posts
First, glad you are OK. 2nd the gear is still on 3rd...you must have hit oil or something to spin out with the low torque of 3rd gear ~35mph...even with full acceleration.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
OUCH...glad you're okay!!!!
Cars can be replaced...people can not!

Horrible as it sounds, I'm glad that tree was there. Deep in the lake after a collision is the stuff of nightmares, even with the rare Lotus submarine option. :(

I noticed those Starbuck's cups right away too :)

Roy

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@doge Yep that is def mine. Thats my buddy Brandon who runs Flyboard lessons here in Jacksonville now.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts