The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Bel Red Auto Rebuild in Bellevue, WA, two days ago and saw a 2006 Exige in silver (identical to mine) that had been rolled. It looked like the car rolled over its axis multiple times and there was very little left of it. The bodyshop said that they've had it for months and that the owner had not contacted them.

I didn't want to take pictures out of respect for the owner but I'm curious if they're on LotusTalk. Hopefully they walked away from the accident with minor injuries, if any.

:up:

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
Good riddance. People can't give the POS 06 Exige away, at least if it was totalled, no one will bring it back.

Now if it was an Exige S, that would be tear worthy.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I wonder if it is the same one sold by Park Place while ago. It was very clean low mileage car.
More importantly, I too hope that nobody got hurt badly.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Good riddance. People can't give the POS 06 Exige away, at least if it was totalled, no one will bring it back.

Now if it was an Exige S, that would be tear worthy.[/QUOTE

:thwack:

Your on thin ice :)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
but an elise is an exige that can't go around corners as fast...

isn't the car all about going around corners quickly?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
So is Rosie O Donnell and Oprah, what is your point?
Is that all you do on this forum is bash the N/A Exige? It kicks ass on the track, I have driven both back to back and the wings and wider tires make a massive difference in corner entry and exit speeds. I am probably wasting my breath on a street racer who dosent "get" the whole Collin Chapman thing and bought it because he though it would get him chicks , and it didnt... so its back the the classified ads for trans-gender prostitutes for you. lol.

Exige basher....

·
Registered
48 Posts
I could have bought an Exige S when I bought my N/A 06 but opted for the N/A for several reasons. I do not plan on racing mine but I liked the looks of the Exige over the Elise and I also liked the black contrasts of the N/A car verses the S. I have driven both the S and the S240 and for my purposes I just could not justify the extra money over the deal I got buying a left over 06. I can always add a SC and get more power than either the S or S240 when ever I feel the need for a little more power. I also wanted the exclusivity of having one of the first year federal Exiges as I have no plans of selling my car anytime soon.

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
I see your point, you like the Elise because it is what you have.

Whether you can afford an Exige or not isn't any of my concern, but an N/A Exige is not a POS.

What? ya just like posting a lot?
If you search around here, you will find I bash the Elise every chance I get. I don't like my Elise. However, I am poor, and can't afford the Exige S.

Shawn-you are right. I bought my Elise so I can get chicks, but never ended up getting any. I should now go buy a POS NA Exige, maybe that will finally get me my chicks.:p:p

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
If you search around here, you will find I bash the Elise every chance I get. I don't like my Elise. However, I am poor, and can't afford the Exige S.

Shawn-you are right. I bought my Elise so I can get chicks, but never ended up getting any. I should now go buy a POS NA Exige, maybe that will finally get me my chicks.:p:p
I think you'll need an "S", Ryan... -poke-

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
I think you'll need an "S", Ryan... -poke-
:D I know Andy. Since I am moving to UK for a year, buying a car is unreasonable at the moment, given all the other toys in the garage that needs to be stored. Exige S240 for me next year when I come back.:cool: Hope all is well with you buddy.:clap::clap:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
:D I know Andy. Since I am moving to UK for a year, buying a car is unreasonable at the moment, given all the other toys in the garage that needs to be stored. Exige S240 for me next year when I come back.:cool: Hope all is well with you buddy.:clap::clap:
All is good, thanks. I'm currently almost halfway to the UK myself right now (that would be NY). Enjoy the bangers and mash, tea and crumpets, fish and chips, etc. etc. By the time you come back you'll be buying an Exige S260 anyway...

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
Are you in your NY apt with all the celebrities that live in your building? :D YOU are the Lotus talk celebrity! :D Yeah looking forward to the fish and chips, NOT!! At least we will go out to Monaco and Spain and Norway and Italy, so those should be fun. Looking forward to a good year on the other side of the pond.

Was up in Vermont/RI/Boston 2 weekends ago, skiing had a great time. Yes Exige S260, hope the economy doesn't get worse ;)

I still need my TITS ride ;) ;) There is a yellow one for sale locally, VERY TEMPTING Andy!

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Are you in your NY apt with all the celebrities that live in your building? :D YOU are the Lotus talk celebrity! :D
Yup, the paparazzi are brutal...

Yeah looking forward to the fish and chips, NOT!! At least we will go out to Monaco and Spain and Norway and Italy, so those should be fun. Looking forward to a good year on the other side of the pond.

Was up in Vermont/RI/Boston 2 weekends ago, skiing had a great time.
Sounds great!
Yes Exige S260, hope the economy doesn't get worse ;)

I still need my TITS ride ;) ;) There is a yellow one for sale locally, VERY TEMPTING Andy!
I've never seen that acronym used in reference to a 993 Turbo... see, you learn something every day.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts