The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any touchless car washes (fully automated) here in Nothern NJ??? I know a good one in PA in on 611 near East Stroudsburg, but that's it. Besides I only go there when I'm skiing since it's near my home ski hill. Then there's a good carwash in Leonia, NJ where they wash everything by hand, but they are a little to far to go for a quick wash. (best deal around though). I'm scared of brushes and crap scratching and breaking parts off my car.

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
Anyone know of any touchless car washes (fully automated) here in Nothern NJ??? I know a good one in PA in on 611 near East Stroudsburg, but that's it. Besides I only go there when I'm skiing since it's near my home ski hill. Then there's a good carwash in Leonia, NJ where they wash everything by hand, but they are a little to far to go for a quick wash. (best deal around though). I'm scared of brushes and crap scratching and breaking parts off my car.
have you tried asking this in your "Region" topic?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Greg
Bloomingdale Self Serve Car Wash
99 Main St # 101
Bloomingdale, NJ 07403
973-492-5890

There are 2 fully automatic laser controlled touchless bays and 4 do it yourself bays.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Hmmm. I actually refer to touchless car washes as washless car washes. Plus, I've never been through one that did even a half ass job of cleaning a car, and I can't imagine that high jet speed water spraying on your car would be any less damaging than a soft cloth wash.

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
Hmmm. I actually refer to touchless car washes as washless car washes. Plus, I've never been through one that did even a half ass job of cleaning a car, and I can't imagine that high jet speed water spraying on your car would be any less damaging than a soft cloth wash.
so true :( - the one near me has operators who sponge over the car and then allow the machine to rinse the soap off.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The one I use in PA does pretty well, one of those Laser, fully automated machines. I figure anything touching the car can cause scratches. Besides, if I wanted an aweseome detail job, I would do it myself. This is more for the winter time when I have all the road salt and grime on the car. These machines also blast undre the car to help get rid of more salt. They've been laying salt down like crazy in NJ the past 2 months.

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,691 Posts
REALLY Touchless...

Several weeks ago, I took my wife's Smart ForTwo thru a car wash at the gas station. I really just wanted to get the major winter crud off it - especially the read window and tailgate. As with most cars like this, the rear end of the car (being a low-pressure area) gets filthy, and we have to get into the tailgate all the time.

I pulled into the car wash, and it started up. The sprayer column got the front of the car, the left side.... and then moved about 10 feet behind the car, and sprayed... hitting nothing. It didn't even get the rear end of the car wet! It then proceeded to do the right side of the car. I brought the car home, acceptably clean on three of four sides.

I'll do it by hand, as time and weather allows...

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,309 Posts
MacDady,

On your way to work, take a detour onto Salem Street off Route 10 (near the K-Mart Plaza in Dover)

Check out the "by-hand" car wash in the BP station right there.

I see exotics there often... and while I will only hand-wash my own cars, it looks as if they do a nice job.

·
Premium Member
12,139 Posts
MacDady,

On your way to work, take a detour onto Salem Street off Route 10 (near the K-Mart Plaza in Dover)

Check out the "by-hand" car wash in the BP station right there.

I see exotics there often... and while I will only hand-wash my own cars, it looks as if they do a nice job.
Beat me to it.

They do a nice job. It's the 1st station you see.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Carbuff and GLB, thanks again. I'll give that a shot. Although, the weather is a little warmer allowing me to do the job myself. But I guess it's gonna get cold again soon. Looks like they are close for me, especially on the way home from work.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,309 Posts
Carbuff and GLB, thanks again. I'll give that a shot. Although, the weather is a little warmer allowing me to do the job myself. But I guess it's gonna get cold again soon. Looks like they are close for me, especially on the way home from work.
HeeHee, I saw that you drove the Elise to work this morning. It didn't look THAT dirty!

:cool:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haha, you shoulda beeped!

I would never take my elise thru a car wash. That's a :no: I'm talkin about my DD.

Also, my elise has been driven several times during this salty winter and never been washed. I guess it still kinda looks clean, but it deserves a hand wash (;)) from me when it gets warm out again and I'm not busy skiing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts