The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this from TopGear's site:

Poor old Lynda Teape. She'd only owned her Vauxhall VX220 Turbo for a few months when she lent it to her boyfriend, who promptly ploughed it down a 15-foot embankment.

He was travelling too fast along a wet road and lost the back end of the car, which clipped the curb and sent him across the road. He plunged down the bank and flipped nose to tail a couple of times, then barrel-rolled into a garden. The debris in the photos shows just how far the VX rolled before reaching a standstill.

He only suffered minor bruising as a result of the crash, but Lynda's boyfriend ended up ditched in more ways than one!

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
damn...lucky guy...until his girlfriend gave him a whipping followed by some flogging. hopefully that won't happen to those of us who ordered LSS.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
shay2nak said:
until his girlfriend gave him a whipping followed by some flogging.
Almost makes it worthwhile:D

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Originally posted by ivan1
Almost makes it worthwhile
the cops came to her house after neighbors complained of tortured screams. Coincidentally, this was also after the accident...

for you ivan! LOL!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hmmmm sounds familiar

Heh heh heh

Ahhhhh this brings back memories.

Hi from the other side of the pond boys and girls......allow me to introduce myself.....My name is Nique and once upon a time my girlfriend owned a VX220 very similar to the one above.....

I was driving along a wet Fen Road and came out of a corner do about 50, hit the straight and the car veered at 45 degs across the road..:crazyeyes

Now I dont know whether this was due to a blowout or possibly clipping the kerb.

Hit the kerb, front end lifted up and went down the ditch (about 20- 25 feet drop) nose first at about 60 degrees.

Nose impacted and flipped so the arse end came over the front, bounced on the rear (with the nose pointing to the sky) and flipped nose first again. When the nose hit again it barrel rolled about 3 times (roof stayed on until final 1/2 roll) and then came to a stop.

:eek:

The distance from where the car left the road to where it stopped was about 100 metres.

I can vouch for the aluminium chassis' strength first hand....while all the carbon disintigrated the frame remained intact and certainly saved my head.

Injuries: one slightly bitten tongue and apulled muscle in my side

Come to think of it....that'll be my grilfriends car in the pics. :)

....and this story has a happy ending as m'bird (as was then) is now my wife

She obviously just wants to punish me for the rest of my natural life!

My wife stumbled across the link to this thread while surfing yesterday so I thought I'd give you 'it' from the horses mouth!!!!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Awesome to hear from you directly. Congrats on the wedding.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
congratulations! i remember this thread. glad you're ok.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Still got the back bit of carbon with the number plate on above a doorway in our house as a gentle reminder not to confuse my intentions with my abilities!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts