The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I just did a search of the archives. Found a couple of references, but nothing solid.

One mag article stated a 200 lb gain with the touring package. That's for the electric windows, thicker carpet, thicker insulation, odds and ends of trim. That doesn't seem right. Anyone know for a fact? TIA

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
200!?!?!?!?! :)

10-12 is what I have been told. That makes sense. There is not a lot from some scraps of carpet, the insulation on the roof, electric windows..and that heavy cargo net.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I bet if you took the carpet and top in it's entirety and weighed then, you'd get less than 10 pounds total. And I read somewhere here that the manual windows weight MORE than the automatic ones. Don't know if it's true, but I 2nd Randy's opinion.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. I thought it was fishy. 10-12 or even 20 would sound more reasonable. Certainly NOT 200. So, the tourinjg package stays in, together with the sport package on the future order.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
200 .lbs may have been the total increase of the car from previous versions, due to A/C option and Toyota engine/gearbox combo. There would have been more complaining about this when we first heard, if it were not for the increased power and relief that Lotus was finally bringing us the car.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
The Toyota motor weighs more. The Toyota transaxle weighs more. The addition of ABS added some mass. The oil coolers for the Toyota motor themself added 29 pounds. The 16/17 wheels and tires added mass over the Engineer preferred 15/16 setup. It all adds up.

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
i have a brochure at home that says the touring package added 20 pounds and the sport package takes away 15 lbs...
i may have those reversed, but im 100% positive those are the numbers according to the brochure...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
_JD_ said:
And the 20 saved in the sport pack is unsprung which is equal to 100 lbs of sprung weight right?
Sounds like it. Most of the weight savings probably has to do with the wheels and tires and suspension, mostly unsprung weight.

I am reading the brochure here

+15 lbs for the touring pack
-20 lbs for the sport pack
Excellent!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts