The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Although Im very interested in getting one, I really wanted to see one on, or even try one if theres anyone in my area willing to let me. Ive heard they can actually be quieter than the hard top, hence one of the reasons I want to try one first. Also my Elise still isnt in my name, but my step brother said the agreed property division was sent to the lawyer last week. Im in the Phoenix area, tempe, arizona, if anyone is here too that wouldnt mind showing me theirs, lol. Sorry, childish joke. In this area theres almost no need for one, save the fact that rain can occur quickly and vigorously, then vanish just as suddenly. Do to that fact, I might so rarely use it I wouoldnt be after one in such good shape.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Although Im very interested in getting one, I really wanted to see one on, or even try one if theres anyone in my area willing to let me. Ive heard they can actually be quieter than the hard top, hence one of the reasons I want to try one first. Also my Elise still isnt in my name, but my step brother said the agreed property division was sent to the lawyer last week. Im in the Phoenix area, tempe, arizona, if anyone is here too that wouldnt mind showing me theirs, lol. Sorry, childish joke. In this area theres almost no need for one, save the fact that rain can occur quickly and vigorously, then vanish just as suddenly. Do to that fact, I might so rarely use it I wouoldnt be after one in such good shape.
I've driven my car with a hard top and with the non touring soft top a fair bit, and didn't notice the soft top being any louder I am sure the touring soft top is at least as quiet as the hard top.

·
Registered
240 Posts
In my experience the touring soft top is noticeably quieter than the factory hard top (I haven't ever used a non touring soft top, difference is an extra layer of cloth). The factory hard top creates a lot of extra resonance. I have a very loud aftermarket exhaust though so that may be part of it. I also have an aftermarket carbon fiber hard top that is more comparable to the soft top in overall noise level (exhaust + resonance + wind noise).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts