The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Tow Hook - Evora 400

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  RWLott 
#1 ·
Anyone try their tow hook on their Evora 400?

My car did not have one (there was no tool kit), so the dealer sent one. I tried it, but it would not thread into the hole. It has a left hand coarse thread.

From what little I can see, the hole requires a fine threaded tow hook bolt.

#2 ·
I cant see them having different pitches? My 400 has what appears to be a coarse
thread and it is a pain to get it to start, had to really play around with aligning it just right for it to start

#6 ·
I cant see them having different pitches? My 400 has what appears to be a coarse
thread and it is a pain to get it to start, had to really play around with aligning it just right for it to start
It turns out to be operator error. I also had a difficult time getting the toe hook to start, but finally succeeded. It was rubbing against the grill for alignment, and the grill left marks on the tow hook after threading it in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.