The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if Lotus offers free towing to its owners? and if so, is it only good through the initial 3/36 warranty period?

since the nearest dealer is around 5 hours from me, if the car ever wouldnt start could i just call the dealer and they'd send a truck to pick it up free of charge?

in a worst case scenario having a car towed could be a major expense.

Mike

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Not that I'm aware.

On the other hand mine has a Toyota engine and always starts!!
(I have a battery tender to make sure it's always ready to go).

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
since the nearest dealer is around 5 hours from me, if the car ever wouldnt start could i just call the dealer and they'd send a truck to pick it up free of charge?
Yes, of course.

Why wouldn't they pick up the tab on a 10 hour flatbed round-trip? Perfectly good business sense.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Well, by now you 'get it' that there is no free towing.

But what folks aren't telling you is that there IS free scheduled maintenance for that first 36K miles...much like BMW's.

But you have to actually ask for it at settlement to get it.

Best reason to NOT buy used, as you are being counseled in another thread. The free maintenance is not transferrable.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hmm, this free maintenance with new purchase, does it have to be done at the dealer you purchased it from or is it like BMW and can be done at any auth dealer?

and as far as AAA towing, you need the premium plan and even at that I think its 100 miles max distance. I have it and needed to use it once when I windowed the block on my mustang all the way down in VA on 95. Still cost me close to $100 to get it back to MD as even with the premium it was over the limit and they charge a hefty fee for each mile after the max is reached.

The low end AAA plan is crap, its I think 10 miles or something close (Useless). Also the premium will get you 3-5 gallons of gas if you run out where the normal plan is 1-2 gallons.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Paging Roadkids, paging RoadKids...pop's hitting the sauce again...

:)

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
That was way worse than the dreaded double post. How many was that? 60? I have no clue how that just happened :rolleyes:. But it's all cleared up now :D. That's what I get for trying to be helpful.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Get AAA platinum, 250 mile tow for free. YEA! Well worth it's annual fee.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
He was kidding. There is no free maintenance with a purchase. Unless you consider $300 oil changes free.
You didn't get the free scheduled maintenance?

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
My local dealer offers free clam smashing when you arrive for the 1000-mile service.

xtn

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Last time I looked B.M.W. was NOT on the back of my car. Get a BMW.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts