The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think the best strap setup for my Exige to secure to this trailer. I know going through the wheels, but should I use the rings (can I loop through the wheel and not hit the body??), the Stake pockets, something else?? Also, need order from a place that can overnight them as I forgot about this until last minute :D Also, I cant really test anything out as I am in OH, Trailer is in SC and Lotus is in GA.... need to get it right the first time!

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I use some 10K straps I ordered from Oriely's and go through the wheels. It sometimes will want to rub on the lip or the diffuser depending on where on my trailer it sits. I've also got a CF lip and 3 panel CF diffuser. It rubs so slightly I doubt it would have any issues on a stock car. Where at in Ga is the car? We're in Macon if you want to stop by. lol

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Pretty much just like this...hooked into the D-ring. I don't have any rubbing problems this way.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Cory, give me a call when you come into town. Maybe I can buy you a beer. Buford is only about a half hour away.

·
Premium Member
4,698 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jack - Thanks!, just called and ordered them!

Kieth - I will be there this Saturday afternoon. If your not going to LOG let me know.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
cory dont tighten the straps down super tight to bend stuff.

also, the picture jack is showing depicts the rear straps crossed.

i was told by the guy who delivered my swift to me to never cross the rear straps. when i questioned him he said because if one strap comes off, or is loosened, the car will now be pulled in the other direction.
if they are pulling straight back, they will not want to aid in changing the way the car sits on the trailer.

this is only what i was told by a proffesional car hauler who does this for a living.
i dont know much about it other than i have never had any issues with my cars moving on me, so i dont really have anything other than the advice given to me by the car hauler.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
jack, where did you get your trailer?...approx cost?

·
Premium Member
4,698 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts