The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep.. I am still a child. I am almost 40 years old, but I still play with toys… and take pictures of them in front of my grown-up toys. And you can’t believe how angry I am that the wheels on the toys don’t match the actual wheels on the cars!

One of my neighbors saw me lying in the middle of the street on my belly taking this picture. He just shook his head in disgust and walked away. Even my kids were making fun of me when I came back in the house. Oh, the shame of it all. I just can't let go of childhood.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Sorry to add insult to injury, but your gas cap doesn't match either; oh and also the color of the BMW seats and turn signals. It's all good though because I still play with diecasts also. I'm still waiting for Autoart to make an 07 Exige S in Aspen white.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
That is awesome!!!!!!

Who really wants to grow up? I don't want to grow up I'm a .........

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
People should get the toys first, then order their real car to match in every detail. The people who end up with non-matching wheels and interiors are obviously not hip to this strategy.

xtn

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
COOL idea !! :up:

·
Registered
148 Posts
My toy car thing is similar. I'm trying to get a model version of every car I've owned. Still looking for a 1982 Volvo Turbo Wagon (white) and a 1968 MG Midget (yellow). Any leads? I refuse to acknowledge that I owned a Renault Alliance.

Oh, and of course I will now have to embarrass myself in front of the neighbors by taking my own toy/real photo.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Very cool! :up:

I have a couple 1:18 Ferraris in my office... Hoping one day to do similar pictures with them! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Sorry to add insult to injury, but your gas cap doesn't match either; oh and also the color of the BMW seats and turn signals. It's all good though because I still play with diecasts also. I'm still waiting for Autoart to make an 07 Exige S in Aspen white.
And the Real Elise doesn't have a front plate, or a radio antenna, or....

I've done much the same, starting with my very first sports car, a '59 TR-3 and most of the Lotus I've owned. Haven't bothered with the '50 Stude three-window four-door, or the DeSoto with the 273 c.i. hemi.... :eek:

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
That's great! I'll add that if you flip the engine lid, I'd bet it's the Rover engine in the model...It is in mine. A buddy bought a 1:18 model as a present for me and said, "Look, it's EXACTLY your car!" Of course, I didn't tell him the antenna is wrong, the color is ardent red (I have bordeaux), and the model's engine is the Rover engine.

Growing up is over-rated!

Tom

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I had a series of shots that somehow got nuked from my computer. The first was a little 1:18th red Miata in a parking spot where I was holding a watering can (think plants). The next shot, my full sized '93 Miata was in that spot. Next was a blue R6 model with the can, 4th shot the full sized R6, then came the 1/18th red Elise and, you guessed it, my '05 in it's place.. the last was the wife with the magnetic blue 1:18th Elise...and a frown afterwards.. she hasn't gotten it yet. <grin>

1 - 20 of 44 Posts