The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOME

Who's going? I want to get a caravan going from Marco Island/Naples area over to the event near Miami! All you need to bring is $100 worth of Toys for kids! Looks like a very fun event! REGISTRATION IS NEARLY FULL! Register fast

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I'm in. Just signed up. I'm east coast. I let Shawn and Bud know about your caravan. They are west coast too.

I hope my car can make the distance. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
55 Posts
When is the Marco Island/Naples group going? Central Florida (Tampa/Orlando) group maybe going. We can possibly caravan.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm the only guy so far from Marco/Naples.

I was gonna leave really early before the event since its a 2 hr road trip.

Lemme know!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Just registered! Sounds like a fun event! Our Tampa club will have to stay friday night in a hotel or something.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Cool! Any Sarasota lotus owners?

I see I-75 is the fastest way from Tampa, but I doubt you want to leave around 3 or 4 AM.

I heard registration is nearly full, so there might be just a few slots left.

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
I'll be there. It is good fun but getting really big now. Been doing it since 07.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Over 200 people are already registered and I believe that that the limit is almost reached. Please drive normally, this is a procession, not a race. You will have a number assigned to your car and will have to stay in order. If you pass people, or speed, your sticker will be removed at the next stop and you will be told to leave and be banned from further events. The police will also ticket you if you drive like a moron like the person who was doing over 100 on A1A along the beach a few years ago.

The police will be blocking the roads and closing off the highways, so we might do 90 or 100 on the highway, but it is stop and go since various entrance ramps have to be blocked, so dont tailgate and leave enough room to stop in case traffic slows. I have been involved with this since it's inception when we only had about 40 cars the first year, and there has never been an accident and now with so many cars, their is a risk of a major chain reaction accordion like pileup, so safety is a major concern.

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Yeah but the F430 caught fire at the hardrock from hydrolic fluid on the manifold 07'. That was the worst loss. It is a great time and for a good cause tons of really cool cars. Tommy

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking forward to it! Anyone else from southwest FL? Looks like I'm driving over to Miami solo. Might have an NSX going with me!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
BUMP,

This saturday! Any caravans or pre-meets planned?
Got this from a friend in Boca who lives around Mizner Park that invited about 35 people. I dont think he wants me to put his address or info on the web, so if anyone is interested send me a PM before 9 PM on Friday nite for his address.

Thsis would be mainly for people that are driving south on I-95, from Palm Beach County or further north

Two choices:
1st....Meet at his house in Boca Raton at 7AM for bagels, donuts, and coffee.... then leaving at 7:40am for a fun group drive to Hallandale.

2nd....Meet us on route South bound I95. We will be getting on at 10th Street, Deerfield Beach entrance at 7:55am!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts