The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of forged Toybox wheels for sale = $3200. These are brand new secured directly from Toybox (see Background below). Actually, at the moment, I only have the one pictured below but the remaining 3 are coming. These wheels are designed specifically for Lotus Elise/Exige and made at the same factory in Japan as our Monolites/Stellas. The sizes are:
Front - 16 x 7.0" +22mm
Rear - 17 x 8.0" +35mm

Background: I started working with Toybox (Garage Shimaya aka Outerplus) back in 2006 and have spent a lot amount of time with them (along with other suppliers) in Japan. In fact, I went the the 50th Anniversary of Team Lotus with them in their company Winnebago. You can image what a sight that was to behold driving through Tokyo!!! The quality of the products that Toybox produce are excellent - like most Japanese products. The Arqray Single Tip exhausts that we sold were originally commissioned by Toybox.

We intend to start offering their products along with other select Lotus products from top notch Japanese vendors in the coming months. COVID has made for some shipping challenges that are taking time to resolve (see Hethel wheels above)! But we will all get through this soon enough....

Contact us if you want a bitchin' set of wheels. Beautiful, Bold & Big (spoke)!

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,557 Posts
Dang, maybe I better strike while the iron is hot... These have proven more difficult to source than Penske shocks...

I have a unusual question. Can they still be gotten in gold anodize , and is it possible to have the dish ring also anodized gold instead of polished aluminum? Those are the rims seek do I.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
That's a new color. Looks good. Would look awesome on a black car.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
@shinoo I think there is demand for the dark finish Monolites and probably at least 5 sets of the Toybox wheels. Perhaps a group buy with an option for either set would be in order. I'd suggest a thread to inquire who would commit to a purchase to gauge interest. If I was looking for a second set of wheels, these would be very high on my list.

San

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Dang, maybe I better strike while the iron is hot... These have proven more difficult to source than Penske shocks...

I have a unusual question. Can they still be gotten in gold anodize , and is it possible to have the dish ring also anodized gold instead of polished aluminum? Those are the rims seek do I.
I too would be interested in a gold set.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I too would be interested in a gold set.

Gold is the new black. $3200/set + shipping from Japan. Contact us directly if you are serious. [email protected]

We will have the Hyper Black (shown above) within a week.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@shinoo I think there is demand for the dark finish Monolites and probably at least 5 sets of the Toybox wheels. Perhaps a group buy with an option for either set would be in order. I'd suggest a thread to inquire who would commit to a purchase to gauge interest. If I was looking for a second set of wheels, these would be very high on my list.

San
San,

I agree that the Hyper Black would look great on the Monolites. So would Gold. We will order more Monolites soon so Hyper Black needs to be considered for sure

The problem is the demand for wheels is way down. This includes the demand for Hethels - regardless I will add a preorder page on our website so people who are serious will be able to get them ordered. If the demand was there, we would stock them but...:unsure:

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
San,

I agree that the Hyper Black would look great on the Monolites. So would Gold. We will order more Monolites soon so Hyper Black needs to be considered for sure

The problem is the demand for wheels is way down. This includes the demand for Hethels - regardless I will add a preorder page on our website so people who are serious will be able to get them ordered. If the demand was there, we would stock them but...:unsure:
I just meant the normal black finish for the Monolites, as I saw someone looking for them and I think you only have the silver now, right? I guess other colors might sell some more sets.

I completely understand most aren't looking to spend these days, but some of us will. I doubt there are more than 5 serious about the Toybox wheels.

San

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
I can't think of color they wouldn't look good on...
lol I meant the dark silver/hyper black ones. I didn't see the yellows when I posted.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
So the set would be just for the 7x16 and 8x17? No 7.5 and 8.5, for example?

I need to find a spot to store the wheels. lol I already have the Monolites on the car. They silver ones though. 😑

·
Supporting Vendor
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So the set would be just for the 7x16 and 8x17? No 7.5 and 8.5, for example?

I need to find a spot to store the wheels. lol I already have the Monolites on the car. They silver ones though. 😑
Ara, we can order those larger widths if you wanted them...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts