The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running these tires??? I am putting the 888's on the Elise and thought about these for the Esprit as the tires are the original and due for a change. I am hoping to get a better price buying all at once.....

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
You mean T1R? I've got them on the daily driver. I'd put them on par with Pilot Sports but fair warning, my T1Rs will howl with the slightest of provocation - they seem to have quieted down with wear though.

$130/corner was much easier to swallow than $300/corner for the daily driver.
:up:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I have put 15,000 miles on a set of T1Rs on my Exige. My experience is that they have been a terrific street tire. I have driven long distance and canyon carved as well with them. Their grip limits are beyond the point at which you'd reasonably need for spirited street driving. I will likely buy another set when needed.

The T1Rs are quiet, compliant, good in the rain, good dry traction, and wear well. What they are NOT is a track tire...not a substitute for 888s or AO48s. I recommend keeping a second set of wheels and tires for track use if you want truly sticky rubber and not a compromise tire. The T1R is not a good compromise tire in my opinion.

There have been numerous...let me repeat...n-u-m-e-r-o-u-s...posts here on LT about the Toyo T1R tire and other tires as well. Search.

There are many other equally good and better choices out there. It comes down to tire size (fitment) availability, intended use, and, of course, how much you want to spend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts