The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling these tires since I have had to buy a brand new set for State inspection. I just purchased a car from out of state (CA) and in order to pass the MD safety inspection there needs to be a specific tread rating.

The tires only have 175 miles on them and were shaved for the track - there still extremely sticky and no issues hence my sale.

Asking $400 plus shipping.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
awww missed these....i'll take them if no one else does

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PM box should be cleared up now :)

Plastique if they are still available on Monday then they are yours. I am having these removed and swapped with new tires on Friday.

·
Registered
446 Posts
****, um... that's [piglatin] nucking futs [/piglatin] that you had to do that for MD state inspection purposes. R888s are fine for the street in non-winter conditions. I'm sure one of us could have let you borrow a set of wheels & street tires for a day or two so that you could get your sticker. LotusTalk is your friend.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Scott,

I couldn't believe it myself, oh and while I'm typing here stay well away from those tools at Criswell :mad:

They have no idea wtf they are doing (I could tell just by looking at the technicians standing around in the shop while I observed my cars inspection an idiot), I had no choice but to get the MD inspection done since it was an out of state car.

The new R888's are here and I'll be mounting them up next week, I have several buyers interested in the shaved set and will post up an update if they don't sell by Tuesday next week.

Cheers everyone and yeh I should have asked to borrow a set first :wallbang:

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
did you track these by chance?

I'm still def. interested...I'll cover shipping of course.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Plastique - **** bought the car from me. I tracked the tires just one test day at infineon. Kraus Racing shaved the tires and mounted them for me. They have quite a few track days left in them. The last set I had got me through 7-8 full track days.

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
I'll be at Laguna Seca in a month, so I could even pick these up from you and prepay...

edit: nm, i see you're out of state...

it'll have to be shipped...still interested.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Ted!

Thanks for clearing that up these tires are still in fantastic shape I'm just irritated that I have to have replaced - thankfully this is the first and last inspection.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts