The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still working on getting official details.

$100 on a set of 4 R888s or R1R
$50 on a set of 4 Proxes 4 or Proxes T1Rs.

Toyo will eventaully have the form and details on their site.

Dave
www.TD4L.com

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Got my notice today - awesome deal! I will likely be placing an order here in the near future.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got my notice today - awesome deal! I will likely be placing an order here in the near future.
Ya anyone that belongs to the SCCA or Redline Time Attack should be getting a rebate notice in the mail.

Dave
www.TD4L.com

·
Registered
363 Posts
R888 shaved or not?

I just spoke to Kim from TD4L. What a great friendly voice and service. I will be ordering my tires soon. Can't let the $100 rebate pass me by. TD4L does not shave the tires (R888) and do not suggest it as well.

My question is, how necessary is it to shave the R888s prior to track use? I am not worried about the legality of it.

Sorry if re-post.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I called Toyo and they indicated that this is only for SCCA and NASA members. It seems that only if you get the rebate form in the mail are you eligible. Just something to keep in mind. I will let you know if I hear back different. They were talking about it with marketing.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I got one in the mail but ordered mine months ago. Oh well maybe the next set.

Sobe. Just get them full tread. They dont squirm anywhere near what the RA1's used to full tread.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just spoke to Kim from TD4L. What a great friendly voice and service. I will be ordering my tires soon. Can't let the $100 rebate pass me by. TD4L does not shave the tires (R888) and do not suggest it as well.

My question is, how necessary is it to shave the R888s prior to track use? I am not worried about the legality of it.

Sorry if re-post.
Kym was correct that we dont do shaving, but toyo does recommend shaving them for optimal dry traction.

Dave
www.TD4L.com

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I called Toyo and they indicated that this is only for SCCA and NASA members. It seems that only if you get the rebate form in the mail are you eligible. Just something to keep in mind. I will let you know if I hear back different. They were talking about it with marketing.
I call again to confirm, but our Toyo rep said that this is a nationwide campaign and that they forms will be available for download off of the toyo website.

Dave
www.TD4L.com

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm still waiting to see the comparison of the R1R's to the AD07's or the RE-01R's. I'll be getting a new set of tires before the rainy season starts. Also, I suppose I'll be waiting for the right sizes to come in. (205/45/16 and 245/40/17) Come on, anyone? I'll trade you a review for the Yokohama ES100's. They're soft, medium grip, and way worse than the ad07's. There, now let's see a review of the R1R's. :)

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Attached is the PDF for the rebate..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
OK. I will be getting one shortly. How's the weight compare with LSS and Falken? Also where to buy these tires at the best price ?

Is it OK to combo the front Falken and rear Toyo? My front still have lots of thread left, but the rear can only go for one more track day.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
god no do not combine them! They are tires in different leagues. The R888 are probably lighter than the 615 but I have no idea what the 615s weigh.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts