The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever seen this? Took it on several drives started and stopped lots of times hoping it will reset but nothing works. Manually checked all pressure and it?s all spot on

Seems to randomly catch on some of the missing ones, but by the end of the drive, at least the front 2 go back to 0

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
If you haven't replaced the TPMS sensors recently, it could be the internal batteries are at their end of life, and the sensors need replacing.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't done that. I read that they should have a longer life then this though. I assume thats not a dyi fix to replace the batteries in them?

Seems weird that all 4 would start acting up all at once

becasue all 4 were acting up, i was thinking it might be the receiver, but i have no idea where that is located.. maybe a lose connection or something?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it might also be worth mentioning that when this happened, it took a good 5-10 mins for the dashed lines to go away and show the tire pressure during this drive.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
The batteries are not user-replaceable. The whole sensor has to be replaced. I think "normal" life expectancy for TPMS batteries is like 5-6 years.

Assuming yours are the originals, and your Evora is a 14, then they should still have some life left, and it could be the TPMS receiver like you suggested, which is located in the trunk area, behind the carpet.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting. Are you able to be more specific about the location and what the unit looks like? I just installed some new lights back there and I?m wondering if I wiggled a connection loose.

I?m not sure what the thing looks like

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Here you go. I went out and took a few pics real quick.

2 x 10mm nuts, 1x phillips screw in the center, and 2x plastic screw fasteners lower down on the latch cowling. Once all those are removed, you can get to the TPMS module.

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are awesome. Thanks for taking the time to do that!

I?ll have a look at mine and see if anything feels lose or anything like that.

At this point this is more of an annoyance, but I hate looking at my dash and seeing flashing lights.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so in the service notes, i found this

'The TPMS incorporates self-malfunction recognition, and if a fault is detected, the low tyre pressure
tell tale in the instrument panel will flash for one minute, and then remain constantly lit, this sequence being
repeated for subsequent ignition cycles; with the tell tale flashing or lit, there may be no detection of low
tyre pressure.'

this seems pretty consistent with whats happening, so I'm guessing its detecting a malfunction. I'm going to take it in this week and see if a reboot fo the module will work..

[update] all 4 tires are at 0 no when starting the car too. the rears will eventually catch on, but front are stuck at 0

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
been reading some threads about similar, but not exact same issues and have found a few things to try

1. deflate all tires with the car on so it detects actual low pressure, then refill them. (tried this with the front 2 but car was off whole time)
2. unplug and re plug in the actual module in the trunk. My question with this one, do i unplug-plug the module with the car on or off?

I have an apt next Tuesday to have the shop look at it, but would love to get it fixed with something simple like this..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts