The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my second track weekend in my 2012 evora S
running the michelin pilot 4s on it (they are less than a year old)

this time, car seemed to have more mid corner push and much more tire squeal. I tried a lot with pressures (ended up with about 7 psi difference front to rear but still car was more pushy than I would like

taking it for an alignment tomorrow but looking for some alignment suggestions for track use

thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
Re set up, mine is below. The rear camber needs to be as much as you can get, mine is more than generally possible due to some upgrades with the suspension.

Ride height
Fr 130 both sides
Rear 150 both sides

Camber
Fr 1.5 both sides
Rear 2.5 both sides

Wheel alignment (Toe)
Fr 0.25 out. Both sides
Rear 1.5 in. Both sides.

Corner weights (lhd)
Fr 295 both sides
Rear 463 ns, 446 os.

·
Premium Member
6,784 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks everyone, brgelise, i went with your setup from the other thread to start for first alignment on the car

Have been on track road racing spec rx7, spece30 etc from 2000-2017 when I finally sold race cars and trailer. Since then I have gone back to HPDE in my 1995 993 and now the evora. Your setup seemed like a good compromise for a car being used as a daily and a track car.

First track day i did car was pretty neutral generally with very little push. This second day, different track and different pavement I got a lot more tire squeal and push from the front end then I expected. I ended up with 30-31 hot in front and 38-39 hot in the rear to try to loosen the rear up by the end of the day.

looking forward to taking it out again with a fresh alignment.

thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,784 Posts
Interesting....I have always found the car to release from the rear first, thus reason they keep adding more rear tire width to 400's and GT's. With your experience, you are probably just carrying more speed in than the tires can handle. I, not being a former racer, am more aggressive on corner exit. You will definitely enjoy the toe out!! I may try that next year as I will be due for an alignment check after 3+ yrs of track days.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i wonder if its just not being used to street tires, 15+ YEARS of R compounds may mean I am not used to so much sequealing from the tires ;-)

Interesting....I have always found the car to release from the rear first, thus reason they keep adding more rear tire width to 400's and GT's. With your experience, you are probably just carrying more speed in than the tires can handle. I, not being a former racer, am more aggressive on corner exit. You will definitely enjoy the toe out!! I may try that next year as I will be due for an alignment check after 3+ yrs of track days.

·
Premium Member
6,784 Posts
Streeties do howl a lot more. Is it sound or actual sliding you are experiencing? Had the wife's Miata at Palmer recently and Elivan was complimenting me on the proper sound effects hehe BTW they were Continental Extreme Contact Sports (relative equivalent to your michelins).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts