The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is my basic research for a Data Logger for the Elise 07 ECU.
Who has used any loggers below and what was the result?:shrug:
I am looking at cost too. Most seem to be 1k starting.:eek:

MoTeC MoTeC i2 logger models

Advantage Motorsports
AMDAS for XP, and all Advantage Motorsports logger models.

Aim
AiM Race Studio, and All AiM logger models

G2Xtreme & IQ3
RacePak Datalink II support for G2Xtreme and IQ3 loggers

GTech Pro RR
GTech PASS software, and Pro RR loggers

MaxQData
MaxQData Chart, MQGPS, MQ200

Megasquirt
Megasquirt data support in TrackVision

QSTARZ BT-Q1000
Ultra low cost, light weight GPS logger. No external inputs for RPM, no accelerometers, but its got a strong TrackVision user group and a very neat data conversion utility designed by one of our users.

Pi Systems
Pi Systems software and logger models

Race Technology
Race Technology Analysis, and the DL series of loggers

Race Logic VBox, PerformanceBox
Race Logic Tools and loggers

Stack
Stack Datapro, and all Stack logger models

Traqmate
Track Systems Traqview, and Traqmate loggers

Auterra
DashDyno SPD loggers

TrackVision to see the video:shift:

Eric

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Traqmate here...

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I am sitting here with the owner of the Traqmate company, let me know if you have questions. :)

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Gtech Pro SS..... I LOVE it. It does what I need it to do....nothing more.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
At the track, I mainly see people with Traqmate. I think Im getting to the point where that kind of information would be helpful.

How hard is it to get installed with all the sensors? Throttle/RPMs/etc.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Race Technology DL1

It has the best analysis software. At the end of the day you will eventually want (need?) the best analysis software if you are really going to use the data to improve your driving once you get to the top of your game.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RacePak G2X here. I chose it over the traqmate because I like the display much more.

I agree that the display is better and the stock is too low to look at.
How is your G2X setup.

Eric

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
RacePak G2X here. I chose it over the traqmate because I like the display much more.

I agree that the display is better and the stock is too low to look at.
How is your G2X setup.

Eric
control unit mounted to floor with industrial velcro

Display velcro'd to the dash

The GPS antenna is velcroed to the roof...though I'll be redoing it shortly with a more permanent mount.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
To be honest one of the biggest factors in me choosing the traqmate was I run with several other people that have traqmates and this allows me to compare my data to theirs.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
To be honest one of the biggest factors in me choosing the traqmate was I run with several other people that have traqmates and this allows me to compare my data to theirs.
That is a very good reason. Most of the lotus guys I run with weren't running loggers when I got mine. I know one or two others that have the G2X and a couple that have traqmate or DL1 so it was about even any direction I went in that sense so I ended up using the display as a deciding factor...oh ya and the fact that Racepak is located 10 minutes from me so I can go directly to them if I ever need help with it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Inexpensive but very limited in terms of analysis and extra inputs = Traqmate

Bit more expensive (~$1,000) but deep analysis and easy extra inputs = DL-1 and G2X

I use a DL-1 and would steer clear of the Traqmate unless you just want the most basic analysis. Counterbalance to this comment is that the software learning curve for the DL-1 and G2X is much steeper and as Chilli commented, whatever system your friends use is a BIG factor since being able to swap and compare data between drivers is a HUGE benefit compared to trying to analyse your own data in isolation.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Its tidy, sort of, has all the extra sensors easily accessible so i can swap them out when needed.

But FYI don't use duct tape to put the monitor on the dash then forget about it, especially if its gets to 120F at your house

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
I use the DL1 with the Dash 2 feeding the live info and love it!:cool:

Best,

Phil

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Thanks, here are more pics:

BOEFabrication.com | Beyond Original Equipment

I've since added a more sensors, ambient air temp, Two IATs (post blower), 3 Bar MAP sensor, etc...

The above posters are right about the software. It takes some work to learn the software, but when once you figure it out, it's an absolute blast to analyze everythnig.... It's really not that tough to learn though...I'm by far no computer hack. Heck, I just learned what Skype is yesterday:rolleyes: Point is that if I can figure it out, anyone can:up:

Best,

Phil

1 - 20 of 30 Posts