The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found my track only 2005 Elise at Wire Wheel. Thanks out there for the input. Now I am looking to install a full roll cage and in looking around I seem to find either incomplete info or stuff from a few years ago. I am in the Atlanta area and welcome any direction available out there. Looking to purchase one and I will take care of the installation. Lou

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
Is Kirt Weideman still in the Atlanta area? He did a great job with our cage, and had installed in the older cup car Exiges for Lotus.

·
Tire abuser
773 Posts
Congratulations! They are great track cars. I noticed the other day that Sector 111 sells a complete weld-in for $2199

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Kirt, got a call in to you on your voice mail. Looking forward to talking with you. Lou

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update on roll cage info, talked to American dealer for Safety Devices and they do not carry the six point roll cage for a 2005 Elise in regular inventory. They will special order, which they do twice a year to save freight for their customers.Individual special orders send the freight up to approx twice the cost of cage. Anyone thinking about this, lets coordinate our moves so I won't have to wait for next spring to place an order.. Lou

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm spending the majority of my time as engineer on the Dempsey Porsche GT3 Cup program. Last year I built/campaigned the World Challenge Exiges for Taggart. I do make time for the occasional Lotus project when tempted.
[email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts