The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, My name is Lou and I have been driving a Cobra replica at track days for the last 6 or 7 years until an unfortunate experience at Road Atlanta put me in the wall on turn 12. I am looking into purchasing a Lotus Elise for my track activities and retiring the Cobra once Humpty Dumpty is back together again.Any suggestions or helpful comments welcome. Not planning to purchase anything comparable to new in the price dept. I see a number of Elise's available with salvage titles due to insurance co's preferring to total a repairable car due the cost of parts and repair. I am not married to any particular idea or direction at this time. I live in the Atlanta area. Looking forward to your input. Lou

·
Registered
146 Posts
ooh, I don't like hearing about anything happening at Turn 12 at RA. That's gonna hurt. I hope you are okay?

Check out WireWheel.com. They sell a lot of Loti, with and without salvage titles. Some have even been track only. They are a great Lotus community supporter.

Also - you may want to look for an Elige with an LSD. Turn 7 at Road Atlanta is one place where having one would be helpful in my experience

That's my $0.02

Jeff B

·
Registered
711 Posts
They're different cars, but both have their advantages. I sold a Factory Five that I built in 1999 3 years ago to buy my Elise.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx for reply's, car will be for track only, I ended up OK with 5 point harness holding me in. Mine is a Unique out of Gadsden with a 427. Will check out WireWheel.com and an Elige. Keep you posted...

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's great having you guys for input, talked to Wirewheels this am. Yeah, Steve, looking forward to the transition to an Elise. The Unique is a great car until I split my attention from what I was doing to what the 'cowboy' was doing..!!

·
Supporting Vendor
497 Posts
Just a thought, but the Rossion Q1R would make an exceptional track car and aligns well within your search. I have one that just finished production this week and will be available once it's shipped to us in Indianapolis. We commissioned it to be street legal! I'll gladly share more information if you're interested!

Enjoy the day!

-Brian
317-245-6312

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Thanx for reply's, car will be for track only, I ended up OK with 5 point harness holding me in. Mine is a Unique out of Gadsden with a 427. Will check out WireWheel.com and an Elige. Keep you posted...
If it's for track only pick up a V6 Exige (legal only for track use in the U.S.) and be the envy of everyone here.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Brian, think the Rossion is probably a great car, but not what I have in mind. My kit/replica Cobra keeps me happy, now that it is retired from track. And that Exige V6 I'm sure would spank a lot of folks at tracks I like to go to, but the Elise has my full attention going now, thanks for the input. I enjoy getting info from guys that don't have to impress that they are experts on everything....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts