The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to setup the car for an upcoming track day and have a few questions. Hopefully someone can help me confirm these settings.

I have the Track Pack shocks installed on my LSS car. I am looking to run around the Lotus recommended ride height settings. I want to run 120mm front and 125mm rear (have seen many keep a 5mm rake). These settings are assuming the stock tires.

I will be running Toyo R1R's at 205/45R16 and 235/40R17's. From checking the sidewall difference between the stock A048's and these new tires, I find that the fronts will be 5.3mm lower and the rears will be 7.2mm lower. From this I get a final ride height on 115mm front and 122mm rear (to maintain the same rake).

Have I done this correctly? Note, all these settings will be achieved with the Lotus recommended 330lbs in the car.

I have removed all the front camber shims (including sensor bracket). I am planning on 4mm total toe-in on the rear and 0mm toe in the front.

It also looks like the stock swaybar could have an additional hole drilled to provide a little more stiffness. Has anyone done this?

I am open to any suggestions/recommendations, etc. I appreciate any input.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
First download these two pdf's:

Yokohama

http://marktg.toyotires.com/file/30251.pdf

The A048's loaded radii are 11.0 and 11.6 inches respectively
The R1R's loaded radii are 10.8 and 11.4 inches respectively

Front and rear radii difference .2 inches or -5mm of ride height

Note that the accuracy of the specs is only .1 inch or about 2.5mm....

NOTE: changed data from diameter to loaded radius

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First download these two pdf's:

Yokohama

http://marktg.toyotires.com/file/30251.pdf

The A048's diameters are 23.6 and 24.9 inches respectively
The R1R's diameters are 23.2 and 24.4 inches respectively

Front diameter difference .3 inches or 7.62mm, difference in ride height (from center of hub) is the radius difference, or -3.81mm

Rear diameter difference .5 inches or 12.7mm, difference in ride height is -6.35 mm

Note that the accuracy of the specs is only .1 inch or about 2.5mm....

OK. I made an error on the rear. The difference in the front is 0.4mm in diameter which translates into -5.08mm in ride height (or the 5.1mm posted above). Thank you for the correction on the rear.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
OK. I made an error on the rear. The difference in the front is 0.4mm in diameter which translates into -5.08mm in ride height (or the 5.1mm posted above). Thank you for the correction on the rear.
:eek: I should have had at least a sip of my coffee before looking at a bunch of numbers...

I corrected the numbers to use "loaded radius" instead of "inflated diameter"... that's probably a more accurate number. It comes out to 5mm difference for front and rear...

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:eek: I should have had at least a sip of my coffee before looking at a bunch of numbers...

I corrected the numbers to use "loaded radius" instead of "inflated diameter"... that's probably a more accurate number. It comes out to 5mm difference for front and rear...
Thank you.

So, if the difference is 5mm lower for both front and rear, then my ride height should be 115mm/120mm front to rear? Does this sound right?

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Thank you.

So, if the difference is 5mm lower for both front and rear, then my ride height should be 115mm/120mm front to rear? Does this sound right?
Given that you were at 120/125 on the A048s, yes (and again note that the accuracy of the numbers is probably +/- 2mm)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Given that you were at 120/125 on the A048s, yes (and again note that the accuracy of the numbers is probably +/- 2mm)
Understood. Should clarify that I was not at 120/125 on A048's. I was using the Lotus recommended 120/120 with the added 5mm rake that I have seen posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts