The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second time I have had the Evora at the track - it was a complete blast.

Warning - lots of wind noise, lots of laps, some good passing, some good lines (some ****ty), lots of fun, and 7.0 miles per gallon of 104 octane.

Best time of the day in the Evora was 1:31 while driven by my friend who is an instructor and has had 25+ years of Hallett experience, my best time was 1:33 with his help. I am positive he could have done 2-3 seconds better and that is my new goal - sub 1:30's.

First a couple fun videos:

And we're off!

The Elise taking a well deserved rest:

The Elise and 2 Camaro's doing a quick flyby on the front straight. The Camaro's sound awesome, the black one is 720+whp:

For ****s and giggles - the 2003 Jaguar XJR - yes, you read that right - it's a J:

Ok onto the fun laps.

Best laps of the day - if you look closely you can see the helmet turn in the side mirror anticipating the turns:

My custom exhaust on the Evora sounds amazing to me on the track - simply intoxicating:

Chase Cam - Elise - passed on lap 3 I think:

One more rear facing view - great for checking your lines:

In another post I will show the other car we brought to the track for some fun...

I hope you like them - thanks for watching :)

·
Premium Member
6,783 Posts
Good work. Sounds very similar to me just a few dB louder.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. It really sings on the track in such a way you just cannot get to on normal streets without getting arrested.

·
likes to drive fast
1,127 Posts
Plack you crazy man you! Did you use one gopro at diff locations or you have a bunch of them? :p

Track tarmac seems a little beat up. Has this track been around for a while? I like the painted 3-2-1 on the track.

Great driving btw. Makes me want to track soon.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3 different GoPro Hero 2's :) It was a blast lol.

This car was meant for the track. No brake fade, perfectly repeatable steering-acceleration-braking-etc every time, and pure fun.

This is a race car with luxury inside. Simply amazing.

I drove it home on the R888's after the day and it was as gentle as it should have been even after a hard day (and nearly 3 tanks of gas) at the track.

I cannot wait to do it again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts