The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, South Carolina was allowing HPDEs so my wife and I headed off to Roebling Road for some fun. We hadn't been there since the first time we took the Exige S260 FE on track. It is a fun little track which is 2.1 miles and 9 corners. It is a track that is easy to learn but difficult to master. Also, we were bringing the "New" toy to the track for the first time.

The cars were unloaded the night before and were waiting to be uncovered for the fun to begin......

Then uncovered so the fun could begin....

The "New" toy was purchase from Bell & Colvill in the UK in December of last year. Due to the holiday and bad weather, the car was not picked until mid-February at Charleston, SC. We were going to take the car to the track sooner but a few things needed to be done then the pandemichit. Both cars have had significant improvements to make them serious track toys. The V6 Cup-R was built by Lotus for the race track so is missing the normal niceties. So, the cars have become Her's (S260) and His's (Cup-R).

Looking forward to getting back on the track again soon once I work out a few "niggles" with the Cup-R worked out.

Take care and be Safe,
Eldon

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Very nice. Tray showed me these pics at a meet tonight. That would be my weapon of choice were I to resume tracking again. Have fun!

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We were going to try and go to NCM this next weekend but I have a few issues to sort out with the Cup-R. Looks like Road Atlanta will be our next event at the end of June.

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
We were going to try and go to NCM this next weekend but I have a few issues to sort out with the Cup-R. Looks like Road Atlanta will be our next event at the end of June.

Later,
Eldon
I'm trying hard to get my car back on the road, so I'd love to join y'all when I do. Heck, I'm tempted to just bring my E91 just to get out there, haha.

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet! What kind of times were you running at RRR?
Without trying to push the Cup-R to the limit, I was able to run consistent laps in the 19.8s. I was hitting 141 MPH down the straight compared to the 260 which does the low 130s.
Later,
Eldon

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm trying hard to get my car back on the road, so I'd love to join y'all when I do. Heck, I'm tempted to just bring my E91 just to get out there, haha.
We've decided to skip Road Atlanta and set our sites on Barber on 7/11 & 12th. I'm a lot more comfortable finding the limits of the Cup-R at Barber because there is more runoff area. Barber is a fantastic track to teach and learn at so I believe the risk factor will be easier to minimize.

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
394 Posts
Without trying to push the Cup-R to the limit, I was able to run consistent laps in the 19.8s. I was hitting 141 MPH down the straight compared to the 260 which does the low 130s.
Later,
Eldon
Dang, breaking 20 is awesome. I will be at Barber this weekend, looking forward to hitting the track again. (Last even was mid-March at RA)

·
He's on fire!
3,206 Posts
looks great. Too bad on NCM this weekend, all the cool kids are going to be there ;-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts