The Lotus Cars Community banner

81 - 100 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Autocross

Tearing it up at the Great America parking lot. The future home of the San Francisco 49ers (it's right across the street from the HQ and training faculties). In years to come we can tell tall tales of laying rubber down, in the end-zone.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
The Corkscrew

The most famous turn at Laguna Seca and the west coast. Most any track-rat around the world has heard of this particular turn.

The approach to the corkscrew, starts with the heavily banked turn 6, onto the uphill "Rahal Straight" then the little kink of turn 7. As you pop up the blind crest, heavy braking, a quick left (turn 8) then right for turn 8a and a 5+ story plunge down the corkscrew. The initial drop the car goes light, then as you come down the suspension compresses heavily, giving lots of grip to go deep onto the throttle. Track out to the left, gather the car up to move to track right for the downhill "Rainey Curve". Then back around and do it again. Turns 6-10 is my favorite part of this track.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Shorebirds- Off topic Friday

Along the southern edges of San Francisco Bay. Next week will be the man-made versions.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Legends Race

The historic races feature rare, irreplaceable cars that can be valued in the +$1M mark. It is very much a gentleman's style race. The legends race feature lots of famous race car drivers in $20k Eco-rides. They definitely did not avoid contact and took some interesting off course lines through the corkscrew.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Lotus Elite

1974-82, was Lotus first four seater. With a curb weight of under 2200 pounds and the 907 engine was a high performance saloon car, for it's day. They made about 2500 of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
There are three of these shots on the first page alone that I would hang on my wall next to madden's paintings ;)

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Lamborghini Concept S

With it's designer and Lamborghini CEO.

Thanks RD. For me half the fun has been doing a bit more research into the cars and drivers.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Warbirds- Off Topic Friday

Last week was mother natures take on the subject. This week it's the man-made piston engine versions.

World War II Warbirds- Allies:

Russian- Yak 9U
USA- P51D Mustang
UK- P40 Tomahawk (OK, this is a USA plane that the Brits used in the earlier phases of the war)
USA- B17G Flying Fortress
B17G bombardier (picked up a copy of his book)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #100 (Edited)
Warbirds- Axis

Not many of these made it through the war:

Germany- ME109E (without the Daimler-Benz engine). For those with a keen eye, USN/ Marine F4UCorsair and B25 next to the 109.

Japan - Zero, code name Zeke. Was a bit like a Lotus Elise of it's time. Lightweight and maneuverable, it was a dominate fighter early on. However not very rugged (no armored protected for the pilot or self sealing tanks).

Attachments

81 - 100 of 163 Posts