The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I'm interested in tracking my Exige S, but haven't been very successful in finding any decent tracks around here. Please let me know where I can find out more information about upcoming track days on the east coast.

Thanks!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm running one in May at NJ Motorsports Park with the Audi Club. You don't need to have an Audi to attend.

$435 for two days, 5/16 & 17:
MotorsportReg.com : Event Details

We have another one on the Lightning Circuit on October 23-25, but the price hasn't been set yet.

Hope that helps.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Ya can't beat Lime Rock or Summit Point.....don't know about the track in NJ...( did they put one in Old Bridge ? ).....and Pocono also...( PA )

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Nova S4, i tried signing up for your event on 5/16. Says you can't join unless your a club member. Is this true?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
There are lots of clubs such as PDA, SCDA, EMRA, SCCA, PCA, BMWCCA, Track Time 4 Cars and a lot of local tracks in the region such as Poconos, NJMP, Monticello, Watkins Glen, Lime Rock, New Hampshire, Summit Point, Shenandoah and there will be 2 more in a couple of years.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Check out SCDA's website:

Sports Car Driving Association - Performance Driving in a Safe and Controlled Environment

Ian Prout & his family do a good job running these events (which come with good instructors for beginners & intermediates + class room sessions).

I've been running with SCDA for the last 3 seasons & cannot wait for this freakin weather to finally warm-up a bit so I can finally get back on the track.

BTW, the 1st 2009 SCDA track day is this coming Tuesday at LRP.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,683 Posts
June 1st - Barber Motorsports Park - LOG 29!!!!

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
I plan on going to a few events at New Jersey Motorsports Park.
Who plans to go to one of these events?

Last time I was the only Lotus in my run group. There was one other one in a lower group.

·
Banned
901 Posts
East Coast Track Days (2009) – MVP Track Time​

Good Day All:

Just a quick note on MVP Track Time’s 2009 East Coast (Mid-Atlantic, Southeast and Northeast for good measure) track days. The track events are listed below:

September 7-8: Virginia International Raceway "Labor Day Speed Fix"

September 28, 2009 - Summit Point (Main Course)

October 17-18: Mid Ohio

October 31 – November 1: Watkins Glen "Halloween Fright FAST!”

November 21 – 22: Road Atlanta “Flyin Turkey Trot”

Of course you can run at any of our track events. For more details, registration (both on-line and mail-in registration) and the balance of the 2009 schedule, visit us at www.MVPTrackTime.com.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at (314) 249-3770 or [email protected]. All are welcome. Happy Motoring and I’ll see you at the track!

Feff

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I plan on going to a few events at New Jersey Motorsports Park.
Who plans to go to one of these events?

Last time I was the only Lotus in my run group. There was one other one in a lower group.

I plan on trying to sign up for the following:

and the one they have going later in the season:
10/23-25

·
Registered
284 Posts
I plan on trying to sign up for the following:

and the one they have going later in the season:
10/23-25

Mac,

We just lowered the price to $395 for two days. You do have to join ACNA, but you don't need to own an Audi to be a member. If you don't have a good time at the event, I'll pay for your membership, sound fair? I think you'll have a great time with us in May and October. Thunderbolt is the one in May and Lightning in October . With several of our chapters we have events at practically every track across the country, from Sebring to NHMS and Watkins to Laguna.

Here's the link to register:
https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/D38A0FFB-F7BF-18CD-D78E2FFA439A6779

Many of our members (including me) don't track their Audi so it's a fairly diverse club on track. Fortunately there are a lot of good groups on the East coast, so just pick one and if it doesn't work for you try something else.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the replies, guys! Right now, monies a little tight, so I don't think I can afford to drop $400, especially if it results in having to make repairs to my car ;)

Hopefully in a few months I'll have the money to sign up, right now, I still haven't even gotten my anti-sub hole cut through the seat :(

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
'Nova S4

Whats the ruling on the conv. top on the Elise with the Audi Club running at NJMP??? If I keep my hardtop on, am I ok. I noticed your site spec sheet said TT convertibles won't pass unless modified. Does the Elise fall into this category or does the hardtop on kinda bypass it?

·
Registered
284 Posts
'Nova S4

Whats the ruling on the conv. top on the Elise with the Audi Club running at NJMP??? If I keep my hardtop on, am I ok. I noticed your site spec sheet said TT convertibles won't pass unless modified. Does the Elise fall into this category or does the hardtop on kinda bypass it?
I'm planning on keeping my HT on. You won't have a problem with the top on or off with a Lotus. It's more for cars where the top of your head sits above any crash structure since I doubt your neck would enjoy holding up a car.

·
Registered
443 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts