The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody going to Auto Europe's track event in Grand Rapids, Michigan this weekend? There are suppose to be about 8 Elises there.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
AF-NCO is flying up from Norfolk Saturday morning. I'm going to pick him up at the airport and we're going to go straight to the track. We won't be running my car in the track day because we'll be getting there later (and I only have one car ready for the track right now), but Aaron said that we should be able to get several laps in the Elises.

When are you planning on being there? I'd be interested in meeting a few EliseTalkers.

Deposit holders only (before anybody asks).

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm probably going to be there on Saturday. I'm trying to talk a friend of mine who has a 67 Elan to drive me there. It's a convertible without a cage so we wouldn't be able to run it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
In addition to the new Elises, there will be an Exige, 2 Elise 190s, and possibly a 340R and a Motorsports Elise. This may be the first year we have more Lotus than Porsches! I’ll be Driving my Europa, because the car I ordered to be here in time for this event will not be here until ??? My luck it will show up Monday Morning.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in running a car this weekend, just send me an email.

Cheers,
Brian Cuyler
Great Lakes Lotus, Ltd

#18 CO
Track
Hardtop
Brian Cuyler

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sure had some fun today.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The KG one is Auto Europe's demo. I was able to talk it for a spin around the track at "low speed". It was incredible. I was with a friend who raced Formula Ford's and he was blown away by this car's abilities.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This Espirit would not get out of the way for this Formula Ford. The Espirit would pull away on the straight and the Formula Ford would ride him the rest of the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whooops! Gotta excelerate coming out of those turns or you start fish tailing and end up in the grass like this guy.

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
wow, the CO looks great in the 1st pic!

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
mafia said:
good event, lots of fun. very curteous people i never had to wait more than 1 lap for slower cars to move out of the way. and it's great to have 3 passing zones. hope to be there next year as well this time with tires that are not corded;).

a friend of mine is waiting for a federal elise, it keeps getting delayed. so maybe i can bring him out too.

drew
silver s2000
Greetings, sir.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
mafia said:
haha... well hello there, figured you'd be here living vicariously through other's experience until you get ur own. seriously, hope your car gets here soon, it'll be great to check it out. lighweight is the way to go!

btw, some local guys want to hit g'man one more time before the year is over so if you have anything with wheels bring it over! so far there is a battle of saturns in the works, lol.

here are the dates http://planet-torque.com/sche.php
Battle of the saturns?

I might have to rent a base Lancer :p

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Another good Lotus Club event.

Had a couple of "bad apples", but most of the drivers were very aware of their mirrors.

Good to see some new Loti on the track!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts