The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody.

I have a good friend with a Superformance Cobra, who is attending a track day sponsered by Olthoff Racing (Superformance US dealer) at Virginia International Raceway in Danville, VA on May 26 and 27, 2008. He invited me to go along with my Elise, got permission from Olthoff, and I registered.

Long story short, there is not the turnout of Superformance vehicles that was expected, and there are, by conicidence, a total of three elise's already registered, so Mr Olthoff has asked me to extend an invitation to other Lotus drivers to attend this event. There are approx 8 slots open, first come first serve. The cost is very reasonable, it is a very nice track with lots of track time offered, and here is a rare chance to run with a bunch of monster V8's as well as (possibly) a moderate size group of Loti.

5 point is not required, factory seat belts are accepted, but you must have an approved helmet.

If you are interested, go here:

http://www.olthoff-racing.com/event_details.php?id=1

You can call them with any further questions. I'll look forward to meeting any of the ETers that decide to go.

Olthoff Racing Inc.
9850 Mooresville Road
Mount Ulla, NC 28125

Phone: (704) 647-9924

Cheers,

Mike

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Sure wish you could just do Monday (Memorial day).

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I would love to go but I only have stock belts in my car, looks like you need at least 4 points

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looking into it. I may actually be able to go Tuesday as opposed to Monday.

We have a Factory Five Cobra and are looking to tune up it's handling a bit (overall, it's very good). It would be great to get someone like Dennis - a bit of a legend in the Cobra world - to have a look at it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Would this be a suitable event for a 1st-timer (or well ...ancient -and I mean REALLY ANCIENT, crusty, and clearly non-current) track driver?

I have the date available, and the price is reasonable - but not looking to "gum up anybody's works" out here, if you know what I mean. I won't take offense at anyone saying I'm better off staying away until re-certified by an instructor, as that is something anyway, I was personally planning to do.

Maybe one could come out to just "hang" and be a part?

·
Registered
533 Posts
It sounds like there will be enough run groups there, so those of us with less experience can run with some slower people. I plan on running in a beginner group & spending some time on the skid pad as well.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Would this be a suitable event for a 1st-timer (or well ...ancient -and I mean REALLY ANCIENT, crusty, and clearly non-current) track driver?

I have the date available, and the price is reasonable - but not looking to "gum up anybody's works" out here, if you know what I mean. I won't take offense at anyone saying I'm better off staying away until re-certified by an instructor, as that is something anyway, I was personally planning to do.

Maybe one could come out to just "hang" and be a part?
As was said, there will be different run groups, skid pad time before the track, and I believe there will be instructors available, but I don't know what the cost for instruction is.

At any rate, I wouldn't hesitate a second to join as a novice. I only have two days on a track ever.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts