The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a Canadian insurance company that will provide track coverage?

I did a search for track insurance, but it only resulted in American providers.

My current provider is State Farm, and they made it very clear that my policy does NOT cover any damage that may happen on a race track, nor do they have any optional insurance that would cover it.

How does everyone else handle this issue? I only plan on going out a couple times a year, but the fear of the $ implications of an incident takes away some of the fun of the event . . . . .

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
HPDE are supposed to be covered by insurance companies. They are driver education, no racing is allowed. Instructors are mandatory. No timing is done.

BMWCCA does everything it can to be perfectly legal and even promotes it. You might want to check that out.

If you want to do track days in with a lapping club, you're on your own.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I had planned on doing just an open lap day, but understanding now the risk involved, I may look at HDPE/club racing like you suggest.

Is it a fair blanket statement that one assumes liability unless you have an instructor in your car, and are participating in a controlled event (i.e no passing unless in a specified zone with hand signal etc.)?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts