The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Track pack shocks (Bilstein single adjustable) are excellent shocks -- it's the spring rate of the Eibachs in the package that many people find too soft. Getting a stiffer spring would work for most people, but as far as I know nobody has done the research to find a replacement spring. The Lotus handling philisophy is to provide a stiff chassis and relatively soft springs -- the result is a great handling car. It does have a significant amount of body roll, which some do not find confidence inspiring. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
MitchT said:
I found the cup car Chris Wheeler just bought to corner much flatter than any stock elise or exige trackpack, I do not know what springs rates come on the cup car standard. But for track use I like the stiffer setup.

Cup car springs are 458/571 lbs. -- a bit stiffer than the Nitron single adj. spring rates (which are 425/550) and a bit softer than the Nitron double adj. spring rates (475/600).

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
gameson said:
....... then i have to put more stiffer shock to reduce body roll and that would probably put it up to the nitron single adj price range. at that point, the price would be the same as nitron single adj and without hassle, so i guess i would opt for nitron single adj.

btw, Jack, what's the susp on the stock cup car? Is it bilstein, ohlins, or nitrons? do you change your susp setup on your cup car, Jack?
It's not the shock that needs to be stiffer -- the springs from Eibach are on the soft side (as specified by Lotus) and springs are relatively inexpensive. Since Eibach has a Southern California facility, maybe you could contact them and see if they would be willing to make some stiffer springs for use with the Bilstein adjustable shocks.

The Cup car uses double adjustable Ohlin shocks --spring rates are set forth in the post above.

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
gameson said:
Btw, does Lotus or any shop sell the Cup car Ohlins susp setup?
Lotus Sport has the Cup car suspension/ Ohlin coil overs -- I'm sure that it's expensive. Also, the Cup setup (shock valving and spring rates) was supposedly optimized/designed to work with the Yoko slicks that came on the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts