The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering, which one is better. it looks like the ohlins and nitrons are better since most people with track pack are swapping their bilstein with either one.

if so, why?

thanks.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i understand the regular LSS won't cut it vs ohlins vs nitrons, but not quite get it with the track pack shock/susp combo. i thought the track pack is comparable at least to either one, but it looks like the track pack is inferior with the other two.

there is one track pack susp for sale now and i m just curious if i should just spend a bit more to get at least the nitrons single adj.

what do you think? track pack vs nitron single adj?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MitchT said:
Alot of the track pack guys are upgrading to ohlins, the cup cars and the sport elise come with the ohlins, the euro race cars all use nitrons or ohlins, the track pack is good, I have ran with an new exige that has them, he is a Nasa instructor and he frankly was not too impressed by them, but the track pack does have a nice sway bar setup. and at 2500 installed with a harness bar is a good value but in shocks you get what you pay for, Nitrons,ohlins,-good value , penske,Leda, Motons, JRZ are all big bucks, you can pay up to 4-6k or more for a set of full race shocks, so 2k or 2.5k for ohlins or nitrons is not bad. Best upgrade to the car I think you can make.
the one for sale now is just the shock/spring, no sway bar, and for few hundreds more, i can get nitron single adj.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
codymac said:
Why go from one single adjustable to another? I mean, if you're paying the money to upgrade... Are you finding the Bilsteins lacking or just wanting to have fun with some upgrades?

Just curious...
No, my current setup is LSS susp. there is one track pack for sale and i m just curious whether i should get that or just spend few more $ to get at least the nitron single adj. i have never been in a track pack car so I don't know if the bilsteins is lacking or sort, but my philosophy is if i am going to spend $, i want to do it right and once.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I guess for the price the track pack susp is going, then i have to put more stiffer shock to reduce body roll and that would probably put it up to the nitron single adj price range. at that point, the price would be the same as nitron single adj and without hassle, so i guess i would opt for nitron single adj.

btw, Jack, what's the susp on the stock cup car? Is it bilstein, ohlins, or nitrons? do you change your susp setup on your cup car, Jack?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
My bad, somehow I was typing shock while my mind said spring. At $75 a spring, that would put about $300 and the track pack susp price is usually $1600-$1700 here, so that will put it to $2000. Nitron single adj is $1900.

Well, I guess I know what I am going to get without hassle. The question now is whether I should upgrade to Ohlins as that's another $500 to spend and I just like to set up the susp once and drive instead of adjusting all the time.

Btw, does Lotus or any shop sell the Cup car Ohlins susp setup?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
RichS, thanks for the input. Someone is putting the track pack susp only for sale for $1600. Nitrons single adj is only $1900 and I don't think I will use the double adjustable setup that often.

I guess I am going with the Nitrons single adj unless the double adj really worth the extra 50% or $600 more for the Ohlins. Do you really adjust the suspension that much like everytime for track?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
OK, if spring rates is the only thing that makes the car handle better, then if you put the same spring rate as the nitron single adjustable (means replacing the LSS spring with eibach spring, for example) on the LSS shock, will it perform as close as to nitron? i bet it won't perform as good as the nitron, but will it go close to it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts