The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
I got the nitrons single adj. easy to install and set up , the shocks transform the car it feels more planted, roll , dive are all but gone, they really make a difference, the factory or even the track pack shocks are not of the quality of the ohlins or nitrons, this comes into play where it counts on the road and track performance.

Also lowered the car to 110 mm front and 115 mm rear according to Mark Starr's reccomendations then corner balanced and cross balanced the car, made a world of difference.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Alot of the track pack guys are upgrading to ohlins, the cup cars and the sport elise come with the ohlins, the euro race cars all use nitrons or ohlins, the track pack is good, I have ran with an new exige that has them, he is a Nasa instructor and he frankly was not too impressed by them, but the track pack does have a nice sway bar setup. and at 2500 installed with a harness bar is a good value but in shocks you get what you pay for, Nitrons,ohlins,-good value , penske,Leda, Motons, JRZ are all big bucks, you can pay up to 4-6k or more for a set of full race shocks, so 2k or 2.5k for ohlins or nitrons is not bad. Best upgrade to the car I think you can make.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I love them and they come with stiffer springs than the ohlins out of the box, the car is insane, makes a stock elise into a slot car , ie race car.

·
Registered
786 Posts
good point jack, the stiffer springs do make alot of difference, and the nitrons come with higher rates than the bilstens, which are not bad shocks, but when you start getting into setting up a car, spring rates are important as are all fine adjustments. The body roll of the elise is something I did not care for but some may like it. I found the cup car Chris Wheeler just bought to corner much flatter than any stock elise or exige trackpack, I do not know what springs rates come on the cup car standard. But for track use I like the stiffer setup.

Moton's for the elise I saw for about 5k, JRZ single for 2.5k and 2-4 adj. alot more money, for the buck the nitrons with the stiff springs are a good value, plus we have to keep Mark Starr in businesss.

·
Registered
786 Posts
That's the funny part the nitrons ride better than the stock lotus stuff and they have stiffer springs, turn them down to soft for road use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts