The Lotus Cars Community banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
My spec miata had coilovers and they had single adjustment perches. The adjustment perch has a setscrew that you use to hold the perch in place once it is all adjusted. I bet the pensky suspension has something similar.

I would think you would want the perch to stay put by locking them together. Also, and I have not seen these ones, but most that I have seen with the perch like you mention, both together make about the same thickness as the ones that are single. I would be worried about bending or cracking in using only one.

Dunno though.

·
Registered
327 Posts
they can be.. bilstien sells a coil-over tube which slides over the shock for ride height adjustability.. they also offer revalving to custom specs.. but I don't think any of it is worth it over buying adjustable nitrons or something else..
Any truth to this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I corner balance my cars I put bags of softner salt in the drivers seat to equal me. That free's me up to do the one person wedge weight balance. I also use the salt when I align the car.
Someone said that they keep the rear 5mm higher. Is that enough?

I am searching for a used Exige. I hope to join your ranks soon. I might as well start collecting set up info now.

:wave:
Robin

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
My latest is that I am revalving my Sport Elise Ohlins to 240 Cup car specs. I'm also upgrading springs. As I got more aggressive with alignment and tire choices, I started to push the Sport Elise springs and valving past the intended use. Fortunately, they can be converted. Allen Strommer with Mulholland Motorsports is doing it for me.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have just fitted the Quantum zeros;

I can't give a comparision as I haven't used nitrons or olins.
I had the LSS suspension as OEM and was very disappointed with the crashy feeling when a bump is encountered. Also course surface set up vibrations that made the car feel like it was going to fall apart.

I use the car as a DD so road compliance is a big deal for me, I also wanted to maintain OEM ride hieght.

I fitted the Quantum zeros (designed primarily for road with the odd track day) and the crashy feeling has gone. It changes the Lotus from something that doesn't want to look at a bump to a feeling of compliance, like a stiff Sports saloon. The car goes not feel firmer than the stock to me, although the spring rates indicate this. The only negative I have encountered is the car can be a little rocky on some surfaces from front to rear which is not a deal breaker

I am very happy with the result.

Quantum do have other products but these are more specific for track.
It depends also on your usage

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yes,

We did a group buy (from Oz) purchased from EP. All of the buyers were from different parts of the country (size of the states) Delivery and the service was excellent. I would say the states is closer than Oz to the Uk. Allow about a week for delivery.

Easy to fit, I was going to get them installed at a suspension place but did it myself. Only difficulty is fitting the spacer at the top of the front shocks.

If you have any questions Geary can be Emailed from the website and payment can be done online. It's very simple.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts