The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I managed to score take-off track pack coilovers :coolnana::evil:

Someone told me the track pack at default settings rode higher than the LSS suspension currently on my Exige. Is this true?

If true, is there a way I can measure the height of the perches off the car to get close on height. I don't have easy access to a level garage floor to do the height settings.

take care,

gm
This should help:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
That is indeed good information, and helps a lot with the setting default height question. Thanks!

I guess my only remaining question is:

130mm ride height is standard for track pack
what ride height is standard for LSS?

They don't have to be the same, they could be different.

I like the height of my LSS car and don't want to put these in and have it be higher.

thanks,

gm
Theoretically, just about all Federal Elise/Exige were supposed to be delivered with 130mm ride height all around (some early models were set to 135mm). Obviously Lotus recommends 120mm all around for track-optimized cars.

Since you've got the track pack, you can choose your ride height (within limits). What will you be using the car for? Track, street, combination? Will you normally have a passenger or do you drive the car alone? The suspension height changes dramatically (especially with the progressive rate track pack springs) when it's sitting empty or loaded... the pictures of the car without driver/passenger therefore are somewhat misleading (unless you care more about how the car looks when parked :rolleyes:).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts