The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a shock down and I'm trying to figure out the part numbers of the rebuild kits if they are available? Has anyone done this or do I need to send them back to bilstein?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I sent mine off to Bilstein. It took approx 2 weeks from when I sent to when I got it back. It was $170.

someone gave me the address in Pomona, CA. I can find if you need. peacb

·
Registered
354 Posts
Here it is:

Bilstein Shock Absorbers
A ThyssenKrupp Automotive Company
14102 Stowe Drive
Poway, CA 92064
858-386-5900

You can also have it revalved for higher settings.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I honestly couldn't tell you. I bought them used and don't know how they were treated (tracked?). The claim was 16k but if it's 16k of track only then I would expect an excelerated failure rate. I can't attest to the exact mileage claimed but for the money I have invested so far, I'll have no problem paying for the rebuild!

·
Registered
55 Posts
how did this workout for you?

I have a set, and want to get the seals changed, as a few are leaking.
but at $170 per shock thats not really worth my money, so im thinking of rebuilding them myself

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately the set I have were not customer serviceable and required machining to retrofit a schrader valve. I'm not saying it can't be done but this isn't as simple as changing a few o-rings and recharging on the first go around. Mine had more problems than a simple leak and had internal damage not allowing it to be adjusted with the knob. My right front wasnt dampening anything!

Honestly it went very smoothly and would recommend using them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts