The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to put together a list of the minimal amount of tools I should bring with me to the track.

Besides a tire pressure gauge, what other items do you guys bring to the track? Also if anyone knows what comes in the tool kit, that would be great too. My car didn't come with anything besides the adapter for the wheels and the tow hook.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I think the only other tools in the kit were a few torx wrenches. Make sure you have a set of torx bits, not allen hex bits to remove panels, roof, and stuff. You may also want a jack, pressure gauge and pump, extra shirt and a chair to rest in. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'll have that and some more with me down there.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
May need to take your defuser off in case your exhaust falls off, and you catch it before your car bursts into flames. I forget the sizes off the top of my head. Had it happen at an auto-x, and luckily heard the exhaust get louder. Others weren't so lucky.

Should be checking this before the track anyways.

·
Registered
257 Posts
8mm socket for the undertrays & diffuser bolts
13mm socket (I think) for the diffuser big bolts
torque wrench
zip ties

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
you may need a needle or long nose pliers to get the cotter pins off the front brakes.

Never forget the duct tape. Hammer are good, too. I'm not kidding.

·
Registered
161 Posts
not in the tool kit but still needed:

cooler with ice and lots of water bottles,
food (Bananas, nuts, sandwich),
2 chairs (in case you are hanging out with someone, feels weird to be the only sitting),
hat,
sunscreen,
paper and pencil (maybe highlighter to mark out your run groups on the schedule)
Something to put all your stuff in when the car isn't there (I use big plastic containers from walmart),
raincoat,
jack stands,
extra brake fluid.

That's what I can think of. Not sure why you just wouldn't bring full set of metrics sockets and wrenches. Easier than just cherry picking and missing something.

Have fun,
Adam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts