·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HARNESS Installation

Working on a few parts for us all
1. Will confirm Speed Bleeder fitment in a few days
2. Will confirm Hawk DTC70 fitment F&R in a few days
3. Driving up to HMS to work out best harness fitment today! I want best HANS compatible harness available for our cars.

All these folks will update their websites once fitment is confirmed by me and them. Hang in there the wait is almost over for us track rats.

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Solution is being installed today and is compliant according to HMS guys as there is a structural tube behind top of rear seats that I will use. Will take pics once done.

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Harness Installation

OK, here we go. I have a ton of pics so work with me. It is a beautiful install but must be ordered from Derek at HMS as outboard side of each seat uses the slider bracket and it is custom sewed. Can't get images inserted precisely in text, but gaining on it.
photo.JPG

1. Remove rear headrests. IMG_0338.jpg
2. Remove rear seat. Very easy. 2 8mm nuts on top then lift up to release the lower tabs IMG_0339.jpg IMG_0341.jpg
3. remove lower seat for ease of working. Its just velcro.
4. Feel for bar just below rear window. That's our baby!! IMG_0345.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
5. As I found the straps refused to wrap around the bar, I removed the leather panel around the rear window. 4 snaps that must be removed with a bit of authority!! IMG_0347.jpg IMG_0348.jpg IMG_0349.jpg
6. Wrap straps as directed. They will be shipped to you wrapped properly. under bar, around back, over top then thru top of strap back to front, then reverse and come back over top5. IMG_0351.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
7. Remove a front seat and install the belt side on seat by keeping stock seatbelt inside and ours outside. Very easy. IMG_0362.jpg
8. Now the fun part!! Remove leather panel that is velcroed in in like nobody's business. IMG_0357.jpg I used a Magic tool pry bar to help slip under. There are 2 tabs low on panel to remove and also a slot on front to be careful not to pop by flexing panel inward.
9. There is a little plastic guard covering the shoulder harness loop that is held in place with 2 little snaps and some double sided adhesive that is really strong. (Don't think they wanted us playing here!) IMG_0356.jpg
10. Once you swear enough and have that piece off without cracking it (I'll never tell), undo front 17mm bolt, put strap on starting backwards as it inverts during install, and bolt it up.[/ATTACH] IMG_0358.jpg
11. All parts on now installed on first side. Just repeat on other side.
12. While seats are out you can vacuum carpet and treat the leather that is usually unaccessible.
BTW both sides done for ~$550

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Some final pics. Final position of straps on the bar will be determioned once tried formally and they settle in to most stable positions.

I'll direct derek here to evaluate install. He wanted me to cross the straps but they wouldn't pass smoothly thru the seat backs. The straps kept trying to walk up the cutouts and both straps would get real close in back. That will be fine tuning I do based on advise given. The blue straps look real sharp with the Persian Blue. To each his/her own. They'll get tested at LRP on 6/14. May give the nephew a surprise by blowing by in Evora while he learns in the Elise. Hope this helps and did the best i could getting photos positioned as this is the first time I've done this kind of presentation.

BTW Derek Mulson can be contacted at HMS Motorsports 888-467-3269, his email is [email protected]. His direct line is 978-406-4104. Super great guy!!!
Now lets get these ladies out on the track!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More track parts that have fitment confirmed
1. Speed Bleeders SB1010. You need 8 of them as there are 2 per caliper.
BTW the stock brake fluid was like Coke!! Get it out!!

Big Brake parts has the Hawk DTC70's They are the same fitment Front and Rear. These are top of the Line Endurance pads. I believe more like the Pagid Yellows
Model # HB585U.660. BTW easiest brakes ever to work on!!
As Thursday will be first day at track with Evora, I plan on running her stock so I have a baseline to let my buttometer compare to as I get better brakes and DotR's

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All we need now is an economical wheel fitment and we'll be all set. $4000 for track wheels is above my needs! I just want some Rotas etc

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
All we need now is an economical wheel fitment and we'll be all set. $4000 for track wheels is above my needs! I just want some Rotas etc
I am looking for matt black wheels with some style while still keeping to the low weight ideal.

I have a couple designs in my head and I'd love a chance to make them with ADV.1 or some other company that does custom but I just don't feel like spending 10k on them lol.

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So this thread is easy reference for a later search.
1. Speed Bleeders: 8 SB1010's
2. Hawk DTC70's fit same pad front and rear. More pad types to come now that sizing is confirmed. Model # HB585U.660
3. HMS can give us a nice Harness solution (4 point) with stock seats. 5 or 6 point Harness will require race seat install. Yes it is HANS compatible!

Stock brake pads actually did quite well at the track but the stock tires get greasey VERY quickly. Anything above 36/38 hot is TOO high. If I take the car to track again with stock rubber, I will try 35/36-37 hot. You will kill them quickly. May wiait till its time to buy near rears.
Finally, am going to get the specifics of wheel measurements and start the search for economical track wheels as $3950 is a bit much for me!

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
I always thought the forged rims are much lighter than the regular ones. I see now that they are only 1kg less. I'm so not doing it for that reason anymore. I actually like the looks of my rims.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
153 Posts
I always thought the forged rims are much lighter than the regular ones. I see now that they are only 1kg less. I'm so not doing it for that reason anymore. I actually like the looks of my rims.
It's not just the manufacturing process, but also the design and materials used that determine mass (weight). None of the OE evora wheels are really, really light, but they are pretty good for a factory option.

Some aftermarket ones (Enkei RP1, SSR Type-c) will be a few lbs lighter. Magnesium alloys or composite materials can be lighter still.

It's too bad that the common autocross/track wheels for imports don't come in the offset we need for the rear. You can often find a set of 18" Enkei NT03-m for less than a thousand bucks.

donour

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for great post
New to forum and Lotus- own 2011 evora s completed first track day in advanced group with car!! Impressive performance for out of box but brakes did fade at the end of runs and very interested in getting set of track tires/wheels. My car has 19/20 combo and while car performed well I was inclined to use smaller rims at track. only rims Ifouns sector 111 at 4K. If you have any suggestions would appreciate. also do you have the part number for the harness you installed
thanks

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rad You had the Corsa tires so you were good. Probably why your brakes faded as well.
We have that solved with DTC 70's

·
Registered
8 Posts
will be changing pads. was surprised by performance of street tires but wonder if there is better combo that i can use to drive to track as trying to avoid the trailer option? you likely have 18/19 wheels? what tires and any sugeesions? also looking at a harness - were you happy with hms setup

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Those Corsas are actually DOTR"s I believe , very similar to Pilot Cups or R888's. NA Evoras have regular street PZeros. Totally different animal. Hot pressures on your Corsas were???

1 - 20 of 111 Posts