The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello lotus folk:

I had a rather brutal off course excursion that resulted in some clam damage and front end misalignment (still drivable, but needs help)

I noticed the passenger (right) side Track Rod End ball joint is spewing a little bit o' grease and figured I should replace it when I have the alignment done again. I looked at lotusgarage.com, and found "Track Rod End including ball joint and nut" part# A117H0009F. It's a $46.00 part, which is cool I think. Does anyone know if this is a standard moog part like the other upper/lower ball joints from a chevy compact car? I'd love to find one in town if possible.

thanks!

·
Registered
820 Posts
I looked but never found one like it. I even looked through all the ball joint boxes in the stock room of the local auto store to see if one was the same and didn't find one like it... not that they had a huge selection, they only had around 100 of them... let us know if you find an alternate!

By the way, if the joint is still ok, you can patch the boot (from the inside, using a patch from a rubber repair kit like for a bike tire or something) or just replace the boot, repack the grease, and put the boot back on... I ripped a boot (not from an offtrack or crash, but from a slip with a tool) and I repaired it 1.5 years ago. Plenty of spirited driving later, the grease is still there, and the joint is fine...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts